A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .swf files and email

what is the best way to email a .swf file to someone? my main goal is to be able to have the user click on the .swf attachment and have a new window pop open at a certain size. how do i adjust the browser window size in this instance?

make the swf with those dimensions that you want the viewer to see.
    and when a person will download the swf file, the flash player will pop-up and start playing the file with the dimension you orignally gave.

u have to have a Email client that allows you to compose and sent HTML email . If you have that , just create the HTML page as you would for the web and embed the flash file in it . and send it .

well, i dont use outloook or anything...can it be done only in outlook and stuff?
    but I think you can put HTML code in hotmail...
    I use Rich Text Editor on in hotmail. once when i typed up an email and then attched a attachment, i was directed straight to my email...that is when i saw html tags in hotmail... .then after sometime, it returned back to normal....
    i think it is possible to do this in hotmail

sending flash emails

Hi there,

Easiest by far is to upload the movie in a html page and in Internet explorer go to file "send page" ( or "email page" windows) use netscape 4 if a Mac lover.

Planethouse

hmmmmmmm......i tried that once...i uploaded the swf to my own server and gave the link....i think that is the easy thing to do..email attachments cant be big so if u upload it to a server and link it, then it works beutifully.