A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AusRFS(NSW) seeks cartoonist.

Hybrid View

The Australian Rodent Fanciers’ Society of New South Wales, Inc is looking for an cartoonist to become a contributor for their up and coming magazine “Tattle Tails” and for their website http://www.ausrfsnsw.com

We are a non-profit organisation aimed at raising the profile of Fancy Rats and Mice in NSW, Australia and Worldwide.

The cartoonist would be required to create a comic strip for publication weekly or monthly (to be negotiated) about the colourful antics of rats and mice. The ideal applicant would actually own a rodent themselves, and be living in NSW – however, anyone who believes they can do this job and provide a positive atmosphere about these animals would be considered.

You would liase with the editor of the magazine (and webmaster) to create an enjoyable read for all ages.

The cartoon would be based around a traditional cartoon strip set up (ie: Garfield) and would become the club’s official comic strip, and the only one published on the website or in the magazine (unless members contribute comics for specific reasons). All cartoon styles considered

Since we are a not for profit organisation payment would be negotiated in the way of advertising on our website (200+ hits per day and growing), publication in the magazine (small readership) and in the event of publishing artwork on club merchandise, the cartoonist would receive one each of these at the expense of the club.

Please reply to this thread to express interest. Applicants will be required to submit a comic strip (not necessarily rodent related) to editor@ausrfsnsw.com First cartoon will be required by last week of August. Please note that this is a long term project.

bump....

hi tiana, i just sent an awesome cartoonist bud of mine this thread link. creedance is his name. you should hear from him shortly.

thanks bunches!

I am going away for a week, so if he does not hear from me, that is why... okay?

cheers!

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Would it B OK to just do a couple of strips to set up the characters and basic look, then let one of your members take over the writing/sketching chores?

You could call the strip RATTITUDE; let the characters have and X-treme Aussie attitude on life, etc.

Is the audience local or worldwide? Content guidelines?

Been a while since a did some strips...
    http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/artglry.htm

Sorry I have not written, but I have been away for the last week and a bit.

Okay...

We would prefer someone to create a minimum of 12 cartoon strips. After that - who knows.... something else may happen... but we want 12 of them.

Scripts can be worked on. I have a resource where i can get loads of stories and have these created into strips.

It needs to deal with both rats AND mice. preferably one of each and things like that.

I have some samples that another person has done for her own website, but we do not really want to copy her ideas.

black and white only.

oh..... and no one has contacted me about this at all.

--Tiana

editor@ausrfsnsw.com