A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Design a web from Photoshop to DreamWeaver?

I'm still learning...

Design a web from Photoshop to DreamWeaver?

How do I use a web layout/design I've made in PhotoShop and turn it into a website?

I saw some tutorials that teaches how to create a template, but, I never know how to make it from photoshop to DreamWeaver.

design your layout in photoshop. Then use the slice tool to separate each element in your page/template.

Then go to file->save for web, and choose to save both HTML & images. When you save this it exports each slice as it's own image as well as an HTML file that determines the layout.

From here, open the HTML file in dreamweaver and start coding to your hearts content to build the site.

I'm still learning...
    It's that simple? lol
    Thanks!

Depending on what you want to do I would look at slicing up images, and think of how you can cut them to be most effective, maybe try to learn how to build the page and optimise the image use. Fireworks used to slice images and build the page (html) for you the code was massive, it would add spacers all over the place (not a clean page)

The better the page the better the seo quality and the more people you will get visiting it.

D
    Last edited by Black_phoenix; 09-23-2008 at 04:02 AM.