A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie?

Hi all,

I currently use Swish and I am considering purchasing SWfx.
    Can I build an entire site using SWfx and are there any limitations such as only being able to use one effect in any scene?

Regards...Gracust

Gracust:

SWfX and SWiSH are very different pieces of software, built on very different technologies.

While I suppose it is possible to build an entire website using SWfX, I wouldn't try. It certainly would be a text-heavy site.

That said, I wouldn't use SWiSH to build a website either. If you want to construct something as intense as an entire website in Flash, there is a great product already available for the task: Flash.

SWfX is an SWF text animation tool. This is why it comes with 100 effects, and why you can use it with Flash to create any custom text effect.

SWfX is not intended to be a complete SWF editing studio, like Flash is. This is why SWfX does not have timelines or actionscripting or layers or whatnot -- because we assume that you have Flash for all those things and that you don't need to learn a new program with a new way of creating the same things.

While there is a significant amount of room for SWfX to grow (tying effects together, modifying effect duration, etc.) you can currently accomplish these things with the current version of SWfX, by creating your own custom effects.

Thanks for your question,

r

RBlank_Wildform,

Many thanks for your quick response to my question.

You have covered all my queries very nicely.

Regards...Gracust

Can Wildform text movies be imported into SWiSH?

Thanks

SWfX exports SWF. And, to the best of my knowledge, SWiSH can not import SWFs. However, you can use SWfX-generated SWFs (like any SWF) with the "Load Movie" action in SWiSH.

Thanks!

r