A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: (everyone see this) We need to have........

We need to have a section in here covering
    Meta tags and search engines! Because search engines can't read flash links, one needs to add html links below in their html page under the flash movie so it won't appear on the screen. I need help in this area also, and think if we had an area solely for this, we all would greatly benefit!
    Steve. By the way I used a html checker to test this site and it appears it needs attention.

Note: The ProBoost Page Checker is updated monthly to reflect Search Engine monthly updates and changes.

Your Page: http://www.flashkit.com/

Your Current Title:
    <TITLE>Flash Kit, A Flash Developer Resource - Online resource for Macromedia Flash Tutorials SWF FLA images clip art Sounds WAVS Animations Help and Support </TITLE>
    Your Current Title Length :
    150 characters
    WARNING! You have a serious problem with your Title, if not fixed immediately severe ranking problems may occur. Click here to Join and use the 'Members Version' page checker that will tell you in plain English how to fix this! We then promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!

Your Current Meta Keywords Tag:
    <META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="Flash kit A Flash Developer Resource, Flash, Flash 4, Flash 3, Macromedia Flash, Statistics, FLA, SWF, Store, Message Board, Resources, Sound Library, 3d Flash files, tutorials, Knowledge Base, FAQ, lessons, Links">
    Your Current Meta Keyword Tag Length:
    213 characters
    CONGRATULATIONS! You are using your META Keywords Tag effectively, Click here to Join, this section is ready for us to promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!

Your Current Meta Description Tag :
    <META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="Flash Kit. An online resource for Macromedia Flash development. Top navigation Bar, Statistics, FLA, SWF, Store, Message Board, Resources, Sound Library, 3d Flash files, tutorials, Knowledge Base, FAQ, lessons, Links">
    Your Current Meta Description Tag Length:
    227 characters
    WARNING! You have a serious problem with your META Description Tag, if not fixed immediately severe ranking problems may occur. Click here to Join and use the 'Members Version' page checker that will tell you in plain English how to fix this! We then promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!

Your Keyword Utilization in Body of HTML
    Total Number of Words in Body :
    249 words
    Keyword Matches Result
    3d flash files 0
    faq 0
    fla 2
    flash 8
    flash 3 0
    flash 4 0
    flash kit a flash developer resource 1
    knowledge base 0
    lessons 0
    links 6
    macromedia flash 0
    message board 1
    resources 1
    sound library 0
    statistics 0
    store 0
    swf 0
    tutorials 3

Legend:
    Effective keyword usage in HTML body. Click here to Join, this section is ready for us to promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!
    Not enough keyword matches, may result in lower Search Engine ranking. Click here to Join and use the 'Members Version' page checker that will tell you in plain English how to fix this! We then promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!
    Too many keyword matches, may be considered SPAM and dropped from the Search Engines, if not fixed immediately severe ranking problems may occur. Click here to Join and use the 'Members Version' page checker that will tell you in plain English how to fix this! We then promote your site on 1550 search engines and Yahoo!, generate perfect Meta-Tags and increase you link popularity by linking 200 sites to you - getting you a TOP RANKING on the search engines and assist you with Live Consultants!

PPC Version : 1.15/pb1

I agree that there should be a little coverage on how to effectivly set up your HTML/Flash to be more search engine friendly, but I think that a small tutorial on the subject would probably do the trick.

As far as this site having problem... it could be, but it sounds mostly like a scare tactic to get you to use the services of the checker company. Do they charge for their services? Maybe not, but just a thought.

Thumbs up

Hi Noah,
    Yes they want you to charge you a fee to correct your html tags,they show you what's wrong with the HTML tags, but not all to fix it, but what I did was use the checker(free to use) to see were my problems were and kept going to the checker and re-checking until all the Meta tags were correct! BTW, the have a product called
    WebPositionGold that offeres a free 30 day trail. I downloaded it yesterday, to see if I can't learn more from it. Anyway, I found out that last week when my HTML tags were incorrect and after correcting them, my increase of traffic went from 10 visits a day to 75! I'm going to try and see if I can keep building the traffic up. Search engines are a big key to this as well as linking your site in others.
    Steve

Thumbs up

Hi Noah,
    Yes they want you to charge you a fee to correct your html tags,they show you what's wrong with the HTML tags, but not all to fix it, but what I did was use the checker(free to use) to see were my problems were and kept going to the checker and re-checking until all the Meta tags were correct! BTW, the have a product called
    WebPositionGold that offeres a free 30 day trail. I downloaded it yesterday, to see if I can't learn more from it. Anyway, I found out that last week when my HTML tags were incorrect and after correcting them, my increase of traffic went from 10 visits a day to 75! I'm going to try and see if I can keep building the traffic up. Search engines are a big key to this as well as linking your site in others.
    Steve