dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The chat

Great site, nice work

but...the chat, could a be little more realtime? It's current state of that page make it feel not so useful. Discussion in realtime can be great and not required storage. Hard to add some java/irc/whatever-engine? The use of realtime can be very great sometimes, even if handle eventually all your very high count of users in a chat at same time, some risk of overload exists.

Just tell if you are interested to have external services for that

kind regards
    Tomas

This website isn't really made for chatting, it's a Flash resource. If you feel the need for some off topic conversation, then the CL is the place to go.

h

ok that is a point of view, so I guess the focus isn't on that. I don't see why every site shouldn't have a real time conversation about the subject. You can exchange much experience and have discussions in a more immediately way. Anyway, that was just my tips. All that I haven't seen on internet I try to develop myself or probably already done

kind regards
    Tomas

In addition, there are plenty of chat servers out there, no need to use FK's if you just want to chat.

And as a frequent visitor here at FK, I have to say the responses to most posts/threads are very quick, impressive

h

Ok I didn't see the reason to have a chat like that at all, people just shout out in the empty cyberspace, but that just me. Relations can be powerful when you do the best of it...

Yes it's often good, I guess generally fewer surfers in summertime.

/Tomas