dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help Wanted forum?

Just wondering if Flashkit has ever had/considered a forum where people seeking freelancers/employees could post in a dedicated area?

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    yeah, I hate that they all end up in the boardroom. Boardroom seems like it should be for professional discussion, not bidding and begging.

Yes, that is a good point.
    Seems this site could benefit from a dedicated help wanted forum, I see lots of threads that are moved to the boardroom from other sections. That's due to user confusion, people who don't use the site that come here to look for a hired hand don't know where to post and the mods waste time moving the threads over there.

Personally, help wanted seems OT for the boardroom, as that to me is a place where those such as myself hang out and talk about professional opinion and not as you say "bidding and begging". Especially since a lot of the "help wanted" posts that get moved there aren't looking for a pro, but a newbie looking to cut some chops and cut them for free or very little in return. So to me, those posts cheapen that forum.

Also, aside from saving the mods time and guiding those looking for help to the right place, it would serve as an asset to the posters on this site by providing a single place to find potential clients.

And hey... who knows, FK might even work a way to charge for posts to that catagory and make some extra $$$.

Civilian
    There's an issue preventing us from adding a help wanted forum, but it's being checked out.

Originally posted by jstarkey
    There's an issue preventing us from adding a help wanted forum, but it's being checked out.
    Yes, I've been wondering about that.
    Seems Internet.com has something against anything dealing with help wanted.

PHPbuilder for example...
    Before Internet.com acquired it, it had a help wanted section and the user profiles section was actually usefull, they were ordered by country and within the US, ordered by state as well, so people searching for help could find people in their area from the profiles and contact them.
    Also, the help wanted section was ordered the same way, so those searching for projects/employment could search within their area. I used to get work a plenty off that site from 99-00... then in Dec 00, it just up and disappeared and the Internet.com banners started popping up.

Seemed strange to throw away such a usefull section of the site. I fig'd Internet.com was the culprit on that change.
    Maybe this policy is changing or is flexible?
    Anyway, thanks for looking into it.