A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Freehand 10 compared to Illustrator 10

Are there any giant differences? Would working w/ Freehand offer any distinct advantages or disadvantages?

I have FH10, and I'm thinking of getting into it more, not for print though because i don't have any sort of good printer, and i dont plan on doing print work.

Anyway, I'm just looking into it to do more detailed and controlled vector work, and I was wondering if I'm going to be missing anything that Illustrator has, or have any advantages w/ Freehand. (besides MX integration)

Hi, i have used both for quite a while and i still prefer illustrator, i just like the way its laid out (i learned phsp before illustrator)

if u were going 2 do lots of vector print work freehand does let u do pages, which is good

the (mx) thing i suppose is good but with a little effort u can get illustrator work in there just the same

they are i think pretty much the same thing by 2 different companies

Originally posted by Black_phoenix
    Hi, i have used both for quite a while and i still prefer illustrator, i just like the way its laid out (i learned phsp before illustrator)

if u were going 2 do lots of vector print work freehand does let u do pages, which is good

the (mx) thing i suppose is good but with a little effort u can get illustrator work in there just the same

they are i think pretty much the same thing by 2 different companies

ok, good, because i have the MX stuff, and Freehand is pretty cool.. the perspective grids are fun

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar
    Ian424,

Ive just checked out your site....You have some REALLY cool stuff there....but your .fla download doesnt work...i get the dreaded page not found

Is there any other way to download...or email???

Cheers

Oh, and as for Illustrator or Freehand...i have always preferred Adobe for grafix

Originally posted by dvdvault
    Ian424,

Ive just checked out your site....You have some REALLY cool stuff there....but your .fla download doesnt work...i get the dreaded page not found

Is there any other way to download...or email???

Cheers

Oh, and as for Illustrator or Freehand...i have always preferred Adobe for grafix
    hmm.. any files in particular? i can try uploading the fla's again, they *should* be up there.

[edit] ack, oops, i forgot that the site that is in my profile (and after my posts) is about a year old, the stuff is very outdated.. the brinkster accounts might not like FLAs very much. and honestly, i dont know if the fla's are backed up. but i can try to recreate stuff if necessary

Anyway, i was going to download them all, and see how the pro's do it.
    pro? hehehe. i'm 15. and i work in a mini golf hut.
    [/edit]

[Edited by Ian424 on 07-16-2002 at 08:37 PM]

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar
    hey,

this is where the link is trying to go to download the .fla's:

http://www22.brinkster.com/randomsource/

is that the right one???

Anyway, i was going to download them all, and see how the pro's do it. I find its the best way to learn...look at how its actually done...if you could zip or rar them all up and send me a URL to download that would be awesome...and hey....i could give christmas a miss this year...ive got all the goodies i need !!!

Cheers again !!!!