dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new version finally online

someone know why the screen closes and opens so slow with contact and how to fix it ? besides removing animation or alfas ????

I'd assume it is too processor intensive. Probably a combination of the fades, and animations. Are they scripted or tweened?

Great site. I like this version much better than the last, although the last one was quite good also.

Personally, I don't see much 2 Advanced influence here. Very original. I would, however, ditch the bottom area. I like the way that you angled it, but it looks a bit out of place, and I think it pulls down the rest of the design.

A couple of things:

I think the "robot" has to go. At least, the one animation in the "projects" area. I waited almost 5 minutes for that section to load, expecting a bunch of content, raster images, etc., but it appears that it was all the robot animation. Not worth the wait.

In the section with the tv, I really like the concept, but the images weren't very well defined, making it lose its appeal. Also, if you drag the remote below the window, when you go to another section, it is left hanging out for a about 5 seconds, before it disappears, i.e., the curtain closes on it. Not a good transition.

Your images are huge. One small (600 x 300) wallpaper was nearly 250k.

I didn't notice a single mouseover sound on the entire site. Might be a nice subtle addition.

The "curtain" or "doors" you close to load each section needs cinching up a pixel or two-there are noticable gaps.

When you click on a button, then click on it again, it repeats the same action. I think it would be much nicer if there were no actions the second time, as long as the link is active.

Overall, it's a great site. Even better than the last, one or two. Everything my site isn't

James
    He is risen!!!

Site Check:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=344046

very nice site indeed. what font is that your using, if you dont mind telling me

Originally posted by dvdvault
    BUT its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2Advanced!!!!!

despite the fact that it looks like a blatant rip
    I see no material being extracted from a ripper or such alike (unless I missed something like tweened clouds). The only similar thing between this and 2advanced is the metalic color, sliding and the 3 content segments at the bottom but hardly blatant compared to many other things on this forum.

Thousands of dynamic web pages in .html use sectioned content segments reading off a back end from .asp or .cfm or similar anyhow.

I hope the Flashkit readers don't assume that a floating central framed frameset style site is 2advanced style all of a sudden, by the way.

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar
    Originally posted by k2f
    Originally posted by dvdvault
    BUT its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2Advanced!!!!!

despite the fact that it looks like a blatant rip
    I see no material being extracted from a ripper or such alike (unless I missed something like tweened clouds). The only similar thing between this and 2advanced is the metalic color, sliding and the 3 content segments at the bottom but hardly blatant compared to many other things on this forum.

Thousands of dynamic web pages in .html use sectioned content segments reading off a back end from .asp or .cfm or similar anyhow.

I hope the Flashkit readers don't assume that a floating central framed frameset style site is 2advanced style all of a sudden, by the way.
    i used the the word 'rip' not in its literal state (ie: NOT a decompilation!!)...i just felt that there was some heavy inspiration from 'that site'

All in all, its a very good site..

cheers!!

DONT POST YOUR STIE TWICE AND CAN SOMEONE SAY 2ADVANCED WHY DONT YOU JUST CALL IT 2ADVANCED2.COM!!!!