A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading/auto-unloading clips

I'm making a site that is gonna be all flash. Its gonna have a static nav system, with a stage where the clips are displayed. When I make buttons on the nav bar, I need to have it so when a clip is playing, or being displayed, and another link is clicked, the clip that is currently running needs to automatically unload, and the new one needs to load. Hope this wasnt too confusing. Thanks in advance for the info

Banned
    Are you going to be using a frameset? A left navigation frame and a right main display frame? Or is this going to be all in the same movie? If so, are you going to load clips (did you mean external .swfs?) in a holder clip or on an other level?

Im not sure what a frameset is, but I was thinking about the nav bar staying on the screen the whole time and the buttons on the nav bar would point to clips on a web folder. And when a different button is clicked (prompting a different clip to load), the clip that was playing gets unloaded.

make all your clips extarnal swf's and use load movie to bring them in. with the nav bar, have each nav bar button, load the external movie in the same level or target, this way the old movie will automatically unload.