A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For any Howie Day fans...

FK Doctor of Love
    I know some of you have already gotten the "heads up" on Howie Day...

well, anyway... if you haven't you should...

and he will be on the Craig Kilborn show on July 29th... should be amazing... he'll either do "Ghost" with all the looping and "Beams of Light" or "Sorry, So Sorry"

Nice

This is in the US, right?

h

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by hockyfan
    Nice

This is in the US, right?

h
    yeppers... it's on CBS after Dave Letterman

Huh?!

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by megatoon
    Huh?!
    huh?! check him out... and check out Kilborn on July 29th...

You mean it's on CBS after I watch Leno on NBC

h

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by hockyfan
    You mean it's on CBS after I watch Leno on NBC

h
    nope... it's on CBS after I watch neither Leno or Letterman

FK Doctor of Love
    also...

howie is currently filming the video for "Ghost" in LA...

to air first on MTV2

and to correct my earlier statement... the Kilborn show he is on is taping on july 29th but won't air until august 1st

Here's Rolling Stone's review of his first album...

Howie Day is a young songwriter from Maine who's creating a buzz by performing only with a guitar and some effects pedals. He plays a riff, samples and loops it, and then strums and sings over his instant, virtually live accompaniment. First independently released in 2000, his debut, Australia, rarely reflects that homespun mix of folk and DIY tech: Most of it was recorded conventionally with mundane musicians, and it's neither a polished, fully realized studio work, nor does it represent what the guy can do in person. With a band behind him, Day loses soulfulness, and his influences (Jeff Buckley, David Gray, Oasis) become too obvious. Still, Australia shows off some of Day's precocious compositional skills and his emotionally naked presence. On "Kristina," which he plays solo, as he does in person, this one-man emo machine gently entangles his voice with echoes of himself to ethereal effect. It's there that Day's possibilities reveal themselves.

Chris

FK Doctor of Love
    Originally posted by c_infanti
    Here's Rolling Stone's review of his first album...

Howie Day is a young songwriter from Maine who's creating a buzz by performing only with a guitar and some effects pedals. He plays a riff, samples and loops it, and then strums and sings over his instant, virtually live accompaniment. First independently released in 2000, his debut, Australia, rarely reflects that homespun mix of folk and DIY tech: Most of it was recorded conventionally with mundane musicians, and it's neither a polished, fully realized studio work, nor does it represent what the guy can do in person. With a band behind him, Day loses soulfulness, and his influences (Jeff Buckley, David Gray, Oasis) become too obvious. Still, Australia shows off some of Day's precocious compositional skills and his emotionally naked presence. On "Kristina," which he plays solo, as he does in person, this one-man emo machine gently entangles his voice with echoes of himself to ethereal effect. It's there that Day's possibilities reveal themselves.

Chris
    his live shows are unreal... with a band it isn't as great... but Australia was also recorded 2-3 years ago when Howie was 18-19 and was done in various studios and basements on borrowed time...

i urge anyone interested to check out the messageboards at http://www.howieday.com and download some of his live shows and listen to them knowing that it is only one person w/ one guitar... it's amazing