A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: modify 3Dengine.fla?

Question

Hi!
    I'm new to the board and trying to get my way into actionscripting...

Has anyone tried to modify the 3D-engine by Chris Gaublitz?
    What is the best or easiest way to replace some of the balls by other, different objects...?

...writing this I'm thinking of a way... I'm going to give it a try. Anyone interested if I succeed?

Still interested in a solution though!
    Thanks!
    M'tijn

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

I would be very interested in this and a tutorial on it as well

Also look at the menu engine by David Coluquon (??) in the movies section, its amazing!

Mark

Talking

I would be very interested also in the 3d engine if you can do it. Also I might be able to help with the fla. Could you please provide a link to it.

Draco

3D engine

I've just designed my own 3D engine, with rotation around each axis,zoom, etc.
    I'm now gonna start working on turning it into a tutorial so that everyone gets to understand the way these cubes work. It is really impossible to get it just by looking at the flas so I dug out the formulas on the Web and worked it out n my own. Anyway, I'll explain everything in the tutorial.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Thanks, KStor - I'm looking forward to it. If you need any help, contact me privately. My background is mathematics and aerospace engineering with specialization in computational geometry and flight dynamics. I wrote 3D modeling and animation software from scratch 20 years ago (yes, I'm an old dude).

Your willingness to work this information into a tutorial is greatly appreciated. I hope it brings you great FlashKit fame