dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new intro to my site

Just put up a new intro to my website in case anyone is interested.

http://bretlanius.com/

Well designed! I like the lay-out, graphics and sound.

I'm sorry Bret, but that's way too cool and we're going to have to ask you to take it off the Internet.

Very nice! You've been rather busy I see with the development of your site.

Lekker intro dude

You have a lekker intro man, must have spent a long time on it. Suppose that hard work pays of in the end.
    It certainly did for you.
    congrats man

Re: Lekker intro dude

Originally posted by gandalf_oke
    You have a lekker intro man, must have spent a long time on it. Suppose that hard work pays of in the end.
    It certainly did for you.
    congrats man
    "lekker"? Is that some new Fresh/hip/cool word?

I assume that its a good thing.

As for spending alot of time on it would you believe me when I tell you that it only took a couple of hours? That's whats great about 3dfa, You can create complex animations and effects quickly with out alot of fuss.

Post meaning of lekker

To explain what lekker means, you must first know where I come from.
    I live in South Africa. In South Africa, there is a language called Afrikaans. That is my language. And lekker means nice, except, when we use it in the way i did, it means that it is cool, nice, kick ass. You know, that sort of stuff.
    So...jip thats a gude thing.

Re: Re: Lekker intro dude

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blanius
    "lekker"? Is that some new Fresh/hip/cool word?

I assume that its a good thing.

As for spending alot of time on it would you believe me when I tell you that it only took a couple of hours? That's whats great about 3dfa, You can create complex animations and effects quickly with out alot of fuss.
    I believe it, and I bet that if for some reason you to do all over from scratch you could prolly re-create it in about half that time..........

Thats not to say it's simple, or anything of the like. The music is downright 'awesome'(<---American for 'lekker' ), with the way everything's timed out. Also, I like the cloning(??) on the bubbles floating around.

The only thing I could think of to improve it, would be a way to check that the sound loop has fully finished (or a way of fading it out????)before it links over to the main site. Maybe a keyframe that ends that loop, and calls another that accomplishes the job ob transitioning the sound(just a thought).............

-Jason

Re: Re: Re: Lekker intro dude

I believe it, and I bet that if for some reason you to do all over from scratch you could prolly re-create it in about half that time..........

Thats not to say it's simple, or anything of the like. The music is downright 'awesome'(<---American for 'lekker' ), with the way everything's timed out. Also, I like the cloning(??) on the bubbles floating around.

The only thing I could think of to improve it, would be a way to check that the sound loop has fully finished (or a way of fading it out????)before it links over to the main site. Maybe a keyframe that ends that loop, and calls another that accomplishes the job ob transitioning the sound(just a thought).............
    Yeah the bubbles are just a variation on the clone example. In Ver 3.5 In talking with Damian about how to handle clones and keep them on the screen he came up with the code in use here. If you look at the clone example in 3.6 just play with the paramaters to keep the balls within an area. I thought it was cool when they suddenly break freee at the end.(Originally this happen by mistake)