A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help "Accurate preloader" Tutorial

Every thing works except I don't know where to put the Stop, My movie keep swishing from the Preloader to the first scene.
    I put the Stop every where I can think and no luck
    I'm one step away from getting this thing right.

The last step
    "Now open the frame actions panel and add a stop action in frame one. Test your movie and see your new loading screen."

I don't know what frame actions panel you are reffering.

Tutorial:
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ac...60/index.shtml

a simple option

i don't know if this preloader you're talking bout it's your first preloader. but anyway... the simple way to make a preloader that works at the first try its:

create a MOVIE CLIP to use as a LOader (anything small...the old fashion "Loading" word with some cool efect)
    Put this MOVIE CLIP you just created on the first frame of your main movie
    Click on the MOVIE CLIP an add this action the "Actions - Movie Clip":

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if (_root._totalframes == _root._framesloaded) {
    _root.play();
    }
    }

Now click on the first frame of your main movie (not the MOVIE CLIP...the main movie..the real one) and add this action "Actions- Frame"
    stop();

That's all... the ONLY thing to remember it's that somewhere (it can be at the second if your main movie have 2 frames or at the 1000 frame deppending of the frame size of your movie) your movie will have to STOP so the "loader" doesn't comes back!

Re: a simple option

Thank you brunodario
    Ok I have the preloader working but I have a big problem know, the stop I put in the first frame of my main movie

1)"stop();" is stopping the all animation on my first scene
    can I move every thing 2 frames to the right, and on the frame 1 put preloader MC, and frame 2 put the stop and frame 3 main movie.

2) The movie has 3 scenes, every time I go to the first scene I can see the preloader flash on my screen is suppose to do this?

Originally posted by brunodario
    i don't know if this preloader you're talking bout it's your first preloader. but anyway... the simple way to make a preloader that works at the first try its:

create a MOVIE CLIP to use as a LOader (anything small...the old fashion "Loading" word with some cool efect)
    Put this MOVIE CLIP you just created on the first frame of your main movie
    Click on the MOVIE CLIP an add this action the "Actions - Movie Clip":

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if (_root._totalframes == _root._framesloaded) {
    _root.play();
    }
    }

Now click on the first frame of your main movie (not the MOVIE CLIP...the main movie..the real one) and add this action "Actions- Frame"
    stop();

That's all... the ONLY thing to remember it's that somewhere (it can be at the second if your main movie have 2 frames or at the 1000 frame deppending of the frame size of your movie) your movie will have to STOP so the "loader" doesn't comes back!
    [Edited by Maldepatria on 07-20-2002 at 01:10 PM]

i am just a rookie at this but i believe you should be putting the stop in the last frame of your 1st scene,or which ever scene and frame you want your movie to stop at..not the first frame of scene 1