A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing PSD files to Flash

Is there a way I could just drag a graphic I just designed in Photoshop into Flash without having to save it as JPG, BMP or whatever and then having to go into flash to import the graphic file? ive tried to drag a graphic from Photoshop to the Flash editing area and it just tells me "embedding OLE objects is unsupported, use file->import to import media"

Maybe I need a plugin?? if anyone knows what to do in this situation please advise!

THanks!!

JV

well you should read carefully what the error msg says, you might understand something from it: unsupported...use file>import
    from that you would have gathered that you cant just drag and drop files like you can between documents within Photoshop.
    So to answer your question, No, you can't just drag and drop an image you created. You need to save it as a graphic file supported by Flash, and then import it.

yea there is a way...

Ok chewman2k, vunny1979..

here is a little knowledge for u guys. In graphics never say never.. There is always a will and a way.. Try this out guys..

Once you have the desired image you want to import.. Select the image or the area... and use a simple butt effective COPY (Got to love windows for creating that).... And come to flash and paste the same...

Simple enough know... Try it out it will work (Dont thank me just thank bill gates.. who came up with the simple copy and paste)

Chill

one more thing

it help to keep ur file size small.

Re: yea there is a way...

Originally posted by vishal_rk
    Ok chewman2k, vunny1979..

here is a little knowledge for u guys. In graphics never say never.. There is always a will and a way.. Try this out guys..

Once you have the desired image you want to import.. Select the image or the area... and use a simple butt effective COPY (Got to love windows for creating that).... And come to flash and paste the same...

Simple enough know... Try it out it will work (Dont thank me just thank bill gates.. who came up with the simple copy and paste)

Chill
    mate, I know that 'trick', but vunny was just asking if you drag an image in...straight answer: no...copy/paste: yes

Endheu...

Copy/Past is NOT (i repeat) NOT from BillyBoy but
    from SteveBoy...

The man that invent MAC ... and you do not have to love him... you have to worship him!!!

thnx

Im oeder to import PSD's into Flash. You need the latest QT player. If you don't they will not import. copy/paste ito Flash:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...lib_import.htm