A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with flash!!!!

Hey Flashers,

I have a problem that is driving me nuts, i would probably be pulling out my hairs, but i have none....any how this is my problem.

I have a button that opens an.swf file at the size of 500x 300

this is the code on the button
    on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:window.open('./dakine.html','Dakine','width=500,height=400,top=20 0,left=300,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,m enubar=no,status=yes,directories=no,location=no'); void(0);");
    ;
    }

and i have several other buttons that do the same open a similar .swf file, but a couple files don't open and others work fine, and i can't figure why, i tried creating new buttons and replacing the ones that don't open with the files that open and vice versa, but it still dosen't work. I tried creating a new file and publishing the sef and html and doing the same exact thing and still nothing happens, i wondering what i'm doing wrong since some buttons work and others don't, does anyone have a way to solve this, i've been trying for a couple of days and i'm going crazy.

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

Don't fully understand your problem, but that javascript could do with a slight adjustment:
    to have all html files open in the same document:
    Code:
    on(release) {
        getURL("javascript:newWin=window.open('./dakine.html','Dakine','width=500,height=400,top=200,left=300,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,status=yes,directories=no,location=no'); void(0);"); 
    }
    or to open a new popup every time:
    Code:
    on(release) {
        ++i;
        getURL("javascript:newWin=window.open('./dakine.html','Dakine" + i + "','width=500,height=400,top=200,left=300,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,status=yes,directories=no,location=no'); void(0);"); 
    }