A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: COOL UNIQUE INTRO (DIL CHATA HAI)

The intro is below average and the nav. totally doesnt work for the site... no cool site at all...

intro

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I liked the unique look of the intro cause it isn't a flashy, pop, animation that are so common these days. I don't like the navigation of the site much.

-NITIN ANAND

cool movie. not so cool site.
    like the intro. too many bitmaps though.

this movie is kinda old. i think one year or so.

I agree with KevinD, the intro is not very special at all, in fact I do not like it a bit. The main site is even worse, I am sorry.

the site is sub-standard, as has been said. The intro is good conceptually, but flash really isn't geared for what these people are trying to do. Masking and motion tweening so many bitmaps, so much, makes it hard on flash. It doesn't run slow, but it is choppy because of Flash's resampling. There are a couple of tricks for avoiding this, but they obviousely didn't use them. Once you pass the intro, the navigation sucks. Jakob Nielson would sh*t his pants. Not that I care much for him at all, but I think that his points should be taken into consideration. This site is lacking in the only two areas of web design that matter: design, and usability/content. While the concepts aren't horrible, users do not give bonus points for 'trying.'

Well, not to dis, but here is what I thought -

The intro ran fine for me. The bitmaps didnt bother me at all. But the movement and popping of the pictures totally distracted me from the text. There was no way to concentrate on both. This isnt good because it isnt getting the message across efficiently.

The site nav.. ew, I hate that nav. It was really cool actionscripting like a year and half ago. First time I ever saw that kind of nav, I was like "wow", then once I looked at it from a usability standpoint, I hated it. Just my opinion.

It's not just about cool effects anymore. It's about delivering your content in a practical AND flashy way. This site doesnt do that. And for trying to sell something, that aint good.

it doesnt sell anything...its just a site for a movie.