A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sending mail to visiters of the site??

Question

I'd like to be able to send mail out once per month to the visters of my site to let them know of any upgrades. Is there a way?

carp

Exclamation

there *might* be a way to do it with cookies (collecting the email addy off of the hard drive...), but i dont recommend it. it all comes down to privacy. would you want your mail box filled with unwanted spam just because you viewed a webpage?

show your viewers some respect and let them choose if they want the updates. offer newsletters of some sort and let them subscribe.

------------------
    la'dsasha
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001097.swf" quality=high WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Yeah, sasha's got it. Make a newsletter or mailing list and give you visitors the option of signing up for it by advertising it somewhere on your site. Then if they want to sign up, you could let them fill out a form which passes their information to a serverside script which in turn places their info into a file or database for you to use in emailing... anyway, that is a general answer. Dont know exactly what you had in mind.

BTW... you should probably try to keep your posts more related to FLASH. There are better forums suited for this question. I've seen people get nagged for posting non flash related questions.