A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LOAD EXSTERNAL JPEG'S / MPEG'S

Hybrid View

Hello, I am slowly developing a showreel and am stuck, I have a main movie.swf and I would like to load JPEG, MPEG’s from the main movie. These file simply need to be in new windows that pop up on command _blank, nothing else. I’ve achieved the process using getURL for my HTML/SWF files but none of the above. Also can I control the new window size, as some of the JPEG’s are only 5cm by 5cm. Thanks, leo.

From your main movie, create a blank mc with the instance of image, place

onclipevent (load){
    }
    on the instance.

Then if you want to load the graphic from a button use:

on (release)
    _root.image.loadmovie("yourimage.jpg",0);
    }

this will have the image load into the blank mc called image with the click of the button.

If you want to have the image load as the movie plays just add the

_root.image.loadmovie("yourimage.jpg",0); in a keyframe action.

I'm not sure about external movies. I've never used them, but this will help you load external jpg's into your movie without having to create popup windows with the images inside their own swf files.

thank you for your reply and ill use the system at a later date, but and there is always a but...

i want very much to load files in new windows, i would like a button in my main flash file that would then open the external jpeg in a new browser window, thus giving me a control panel, swf and anything that loads in is unassociated to this control panel except for the command to open. I hope i mad this clear for its bending my brain...., leo.

Oh, I thought you didnt want to use extra windows? Thats simple just use a simple javascript popup window. YOu can find the code by searching through the tutorials. It will open the jpeg in its own window. I think thats what you're wanting to do right?

well yes and no, just to be confusing...
    Ive been working with JavaScript in flash and yes popup windows is one part of what im trying to do, however i do not what to place my jpeg in flash, i dont want to embed jpeg in swf. im about to tackle JavaScript and geturl later today so ill see if i can achieve what ive set out to do, fingers crossed.