A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looping through different MCs?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a movie clip that acts the following way, and I'm pretty stuck:

I'd like the movie clip, call it BigMovie, to play over and over again. Each time it plays, I'd like BigMovie to take another MC, call it MiniMovie_1, from the Library and play an instance of that. However, once BigMovie finishes and loops back to its beginning, I want it to grab the next MC, called MiniMovie_2, and play that instead of MiniMovie_1.

I have around a dozen MiniMovies, all labeled 1 thru 12, and I'd like to have them all play in order each time BigMovie loops around.

I've been trying to use attachMovie but I don't think I'm using it correctly because none of the movies are getting grabbed and played. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

I have an idea for you. Why dont you just have the movie on the time line, then once BigMovie has played, for as many frames or keyframes, show your MC, and so forth. That is my suggestion though I think there are better ideas.

sounds funky but try this:
    everytime the bigmovieclip gets to the end of its loop add one to a variable(lets call it...movie)
    ok so after the movieclip loops once movie =1 and make an engine or something telling move1 or what you called it to gotoAndPlay(2) when movie equals 1 and only one then movie2 would only play when the variable =2 so it would look like this:
    if(_root.movie==1){
    tellTarget(_root.(little movies instance name)){
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }
    and then so on
    making each little movie have a first frame of nothing and have it stopped
    if this doesnt make sense tell me and ill try to explain it better