A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3d vs. vecta 3d and illustrate 4.1

Question

I've been using Illustrate 4.1 a little bit with 3ds R3 and have been fairly pleased with the results, although, I still need to learn more in order to really get various results. I guess I'm curious why there is such an enormous amount of support for Swift and no one has really said much in regards to Vecta when used with 3ds. The examples at Vecta's homepage seemed pretty top notch. Has anyone here used these 3 programs with 3ds and if so would you be able to give a reason why Swift 3d seems to be preferred?
    Any info on this topic would be much appreciated---Thanks!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Swift is the only one that will take the model, lighting, animation, etc and output with gradients. If you use Illustrate you only get outlines. Same with the Vecta plugin for Max and the Vecta standalone you have to save you model animation out a frame at a time out of max and then in and out of the standalone. So if you want to make real headway Swift is the only real answer at this time. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Thumbs up

Sounds good, Pope.

I think I'm sold.

Thanks!