A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: [ Picture eXchange ] thread for the D&G forum ::: starts here !

Originally posted by aversion
    nice grain silo big_k, it looks just like something I would take
    actually, the pic you took of the brighton pier sign is what gave me the idea for so much empty space above it

Originally posted by F-2000
    question for you ARIA:
    As you are a moderator of the forum, how come the forum is soo slow lately??

We'll move to a new server (our very own too) soon - patience

here are some from last night -

i met Louis Pepe who co-directed 'Lost in La Mancha', a film about Terry Gilliam's struggle to finish his film La Mancha in Madrid ! Amazing presentation and great footage. Thats guy's bio alone is unbelievable !
    He and the other director shot the entire docu-film on one Sony PD150 and edited it all on Final Cut Pro (another reason to have a Mac ...hehehe )

Amazing guys , very talented - also very helpful too and patient with our questions which were more about funding and film distribution and rather than software related lol. I left very inspired !

They had some funny stories about Gilliam and what was like working with him, trailing him on loc. I'll def see it when it comes out here at the end of this month.

Based on the footage , i felt they were able to capture Gilliam's passion for what he does. Shame the investors turned their backs on him.

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

wow nice story Aria although I don't have a clue who the guy is or what movie it is..
    Never the less the story was ok

Site is faster today...

greetings Frank
    Last edited by F-2000; 01-11-2003 at 11:51 AM.

Originally posted by big_k
    actually, the pic you took of the brighton pier sign is what gave me the idea for so much empty space above it
    cool, I think I have a problem with foreground objects, I don't think I've ever taken a good pic with a foreground

wow nice story Aria although I don't have a clue who the guy is or what movie it is..
    Never the less the story was ok

Site is faster today...

greetings Frank
    yeah sorry - i posted about this in the CL . The site is www.lostinlamancha.com

its a film about a film that never happened so they did a docu about it.

a

wow sounds cool, so they are following the crew all the movie??

wow sounds cool, so they are following the crew all the movie??
    yeah initially Gilliam (the director of the movie) had asked them to trail him and shoot a docu about the making of it and perhaps adding it to the DVD later on (like they did with his film 12 Monkeys). There was also a TV network interested in showing the docu at the time

but while they were filming his project on location, it started falling apart - and then the investors pulled out.. Gilliam found himself without actors and money but the guys kept filming and this is the result. Its painful to watch at times !

a

I can get into the "painfull to watch"-thing, it isn't nice when they pull out the financial plug. I would like to see the docu.
    Last edited by F-2000; 01-11-2003 at 04:51 PM.

back to picture exchange

made this picture early in the morning of a skyscraper near my home

i like how you got the building and the light in that pic f-2000... very cool looking. also makes you wonder what the street level looks like

spent last night in a hotel with my g/f... got her to let me take some pictures while we were there...

super-senior member
    my collegue's daughter, Jenna - last saturday

----

----

----

---

---

---

just a small selection- took like 180 pictures, and yes my dearest FK'teers, digital this time -

sven
    -----------------------------
    © year 1974

Some great shots on this page. Nice lighting technique on that last one there snuifkip. Looks great.

Here's a really good photo site if you guys want to check it out: http://www3.photosig.com

You can upload photos and get some really helpful critiques by a lot of great photographers. Great place for inspiration too.
    Last edited by calpomatt; 01-14-2003 at 01:23 AM.

super-senior member
    thnx 4 the link mr Calpo. great resource !

well ... "lightning technique" is a big word, it was in a cloths shop here in antwerp where there was this huge advertising panel without front, so only the flickering lights were on & visible - but indeed, it give's a warm "glow" on her face ...

btw Aria, Gilliam is great- now he's an artist- !
    Frank, .. got more shots from that location ? love to see more ...

sven
    © year 1974

hey fellas,

here is the whole picture, i compressed it a lot cause it was to big otherwise and it already takes a while to load the site..

AND JUST BOUGHT A WACOM to edit pictures... i'm very happy
    Last edited by F-2000; 01-14-2003 at 11:52 AM.

Originally posted by calpomatt
    Here's a really good photo site if you guys want to check it out: http://www3.photosig.com
    that's a crazy site, I uploaded my sunset photo and got 30 critiques in about 5 mins! The turnove rate there is huge though, and I imagine that once your photo slips off the front page (as mine probably has by now, 20 mins later) it's gone! Most of the crtiques are simple one liners and I honestly think feedback is better and more personal here

here's some new pics. finally got my but into gear.

Dig ya later

Chook
    One day I'll get round to making a footer......one day........

super-senior member
    Originally posted by aversion
    that's a crazy site, I uploaded my sunset photo and got 30 critiques in about 5 mins! The turnove rate there is huge though, and I imagine that once your photo slips off the front page (as mine probably has by now, 20 mins later) it's gone! Most of the crtiques are simple one liners and I honestly think feedback is better and more personal here
    did the same with my MyMarilyn print ( the b/w girl posted somewhere overhere also)

got some nice critiques -- but that site is sooooo slow- even slower as FK at the slowest //

anyway-
    Mr KungFu_Chook ... give us background information about the posted ones -- those electricity-thingies are nice-strong diagonals [did once almost the same in Kreta, (Creta ?) ], and what about that sea picture ? --
    tell us please

sven
    © year 1974

Ok, yeah that would help huh, sorry.

1. Sea spray - Took this b4 xmas at Coogee Beach in Sydney, its the edge of the baths at the end of the beach.....have always loved spray shots.

2. Power pole/lines - took this and the alley shot(3) yesterday as i actually had my camera with me at work and took it with me at lunchtime and spotted all those wires when crossing the road and thought "that's just crazy", so many wires on 1 pole.

3. Alley - took this yesterday as well. Changed it to BW as it worked better. Had to add contrast as it was such a bright day. Isn't it funny how the backs of shops are more interesting than the fronts.

4-7. These were taken just after the Sea spray shot at a hotel in the city. The second shot, the one looking down, annoyed me as i did't realise that my socks and tshirt were reflecting in the window!

The last ones (6&7) are the same pic, the colur being the whole shot. Just liked the windows. This is inside the hotel. It's the old Post Office in Sydney. Due to heritage listings they have to keep the original exteriors and facades of the buildings, then they usually build a tower block above it.

Hey Snuifkip, love the first shot of Jenna (looking down) looks like something off an album cover. Also all those Bali? shots are brilliant, i love bw photos. I'll have to dig out some of my travel pics, everything is packed away as i'm moving soon.

Also the Brighton Pier sinage rocks Aversion, you just look at it and it ssays carnival, especially with that deteriated look.

Anyway this is turning into an essay, so better go and do some real work.

Chook
    One day I'll get round to making a footer......one day........

damn kungfu_chook now that is a reply, hehe you almost told your whole diary..

great job m8

Mr. Chook those are very sweet . Sometimes I really wish I lived in the big city.