A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 'alpha-ing' multiple layers

I want to adjust the alpha property of the entire movie when I get to a certain point. Is there a way to do this across multiple layers?

Thanks,

yourMcInstanceName._alpha = 30

I'm not sure what your questions is reagrding layers, but to affect the entire movie, you use the above format.

Originally posted by Kennyb
    yourMcInstanceName._alpha = 30

I'm not sure what your questions is reagrding layers, but to affect the entire movie, you use the above format.
    Thanks, but I would like to adjust the ENTIRE movie. Basically, I've got multiple layers, each with it's own content. At the last frame, I would like to alpha all the layers, then pop up a login box kinda thing.

Following your thought, I could copy the whole movie, make it into a MC, and then call a 'login box' movie clip to play when the first is finished. I was just trying to see if there was another way to do it.

Thanks!,
    Craig

If you've got a complex movie, I wouldn't recommend changing the alpha of the whole thing. Just add a new layer on the very top and put a box over your stage that's the same color as your background. Then you can fade that in rather than fade the whole movie.

Originally posted by rdoyle720
    If you've got a complex movie, I wouldn't recommend changing the alpha of the whole thing. Just add a new layer on the very top and put a box over your stage that's the same color as your background. Then you can fade that in rather than fade the whole movie.
    Great idea! Can't believe I didn't think of that one. I was trying to think about masking the whole thing and alpha, and blah, blah, blah.

I will go with this method!

-Craig