A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader issue.. or not...

Wink

heres the question: when you click on a link in a flash site and the mc appears on the lower part of the page, and it has its own preloader sequence. but it doesnt just appear, it scrolls open (i know this is hard to understand without a link). like from the top down, and then the preloader begins. assuming the above makes any sense, i am wondering if this scrolling open action is part of the preloader, like the first 10 or 15 frames, then the looping part of the preloader begins? *breathe*

perhaps i should be more vague? ;P

Smile

Originally posted by krotchman1
    heres the question: when you click on a link in a flash site and the mc appears on the lower part of the page, and it has its own preloader sequence. but it doesnt just appear, it scrolls open (i know this is hard to understand without a link). like from the top down, and then the preloader begins. assuming the above makes any sense, i am wondering if this scrolling open action is part of the preloader, like the first 10 or 15 frames, then the looping part of the preloader begins? *breathe*

ok... so let me get this right.... you have the mc scrolling down open? like when a pic is trying to open up?

yeah exactly. when a button is clicked, an mc loads on a lower part of the page, and scrolls open, top to bottom, then the mc loads and plays. my question is if this is part of the preloader?

Originally posted by krotchman1
    yeah exactly. when a button is clicked, an mc loads on a lower part of the page, and scrolls open, top to bottom, then the mc loads and plays. my question is if this is part of the preloader?
    It shouldnt happen......... Send me your actionscript to you preloader.....also your .swf html code and I can try to fix it if you want....
    at PSYXHO@aol.com

psyxho,
    i appreciate your replies, but i think my post was perhaps a little misleading. i am not having problems with this, i am wondering how to duplicate this effect in my own flash design