A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: rocky racoon version 0.4c !

Flying on Herbal Tea
    lol that cow is out to get me!!!
    i went to speak to the farmer and see if you had put in any easter eggs...like attacking the cow and it doing somthing.
    went right up into the corner where the water thingy is...and it trapped me. lol. it didnt move it stood there shaking its head...hmmmmm....

lol so thats me just refreshing it again,
    once again real kool game

Oh, ok, well i had thought about "action script" as being AS acronym, but then I did an extension brief in flash in the import and open areas, and found no such extension. Hmmm.

Well, here it is: the German(Deutsch) version. I'm hoping it is correct. This is what 3 or so years of german class produces. I'm not sure on things like mailbox.. I did a search on that, and it kept returning Mailbox as the translation.

Now I know in germany, they have a lot of slang terms for things, and I'm thinking there is no literal translation for mailbox. Like for example, I know slang for ambulance there is "fleisch wagen", literally translated, meaing, "flesh wagon".

Sorry if someone who fluently speaks the language notices an error in my conjugation and what not.

- http://www21.brinkster.com/flashhelper/germantrans.as

- genesis f5

thanks genesis f5
    i had some difficulties opening your file (some lettres didn't show... i mean letters like ü or ä...) i tried to fix it by myself, maybe i did sometimes wrong... anyway, big thanx ^^

>new improvements

-german version, zhanks to Genesis F5
    -new save and load feature! this time, if you decide to save in the house, when you load, you are in the house again. i also put an extra save point somewhere in the forest to test the thing, and it works great. so, you can now save in the forest too, if you want ^^
    if there are bugs with that new feature, don't hesitate to post...

> known bugs

-there's a bug in the cows area, the racoon gets blocked at the corner of the water thing. i'll fix it soon.

AWSOME!

Everytime, better and better!

I just now noticed that there is like a shadow on both sides of the game. Thats soo cool, I am now trying (may take days) to do that too.

Anyways, I was wondering if you used SwapDepth on the chickens?..That is really confusing

resolved what program do you use for rocky!!!???

what program do you use for the graphics,there sooo GOOOOD!what program do you use for the graphics,there sooo GOOOOD!what program do you use for the graphics,there sooo GOOOOD!what program do you use for the graphics,there sooo GOOOOD!what program do you use for the graphics,there sooo GOOOOD!

wel what PROGRAM ???!

i've been checking out your game for the last few weeks and it just gets cooler and cooler. i love the cows and other characters and the fact that it's based around zelda (the best game in the world) but different from it.
    only problem is i got stuck in the doorway of rocky's house and now i'm stuck!!

Awsome !

:)

Marmotte, you would be able to do great tutorials, you wouldn't have to type up a bunch of stuff you could maybe animate it in Flash?

Hoody

thanks for your feedbacks ^^

so, here's a new list of known bugs:

-there's a bug in the cows area, the racoon gets blocked at the corner of the water thing. i'll fix it soon.
    -the reflection doesn't work perfectly as before, because i changed the code of rocky. another detail to fix
    -it seems that we can get stuck in the doorway of rocky's house...? i'll take a serious look

DethDesign:
    yes, i used the swapDepth with the chicken... why confusing? did you experienced strange things?

flashmankid:
    i used a snes emulator, and played zelda3. i took some screenshots, and then separate the graphics with adobe photoshop

tei:
    never experienced that problem. well, it's listed now as known bugs. thanks

hooligan2001:
    awsome! ^^

hoody:
    sorry, i don't have quite the time for the moment. the code i used are from tutorials. i take a look at them, try to understand them and work with them... of course they have to be modified to fit with my game. and when i understand a code, a can apply it with other situations, and so on...

hey marmotte. i dont mean to nag but u think you could upload that swapdepth example again. i lost it and it seems as tho other ppl want that example also. i thinnk it was called zgoteddy.fla

looking good.

once you get an inventory of bomb bags and such implemented tell me how you do the saving functions and stuff. i'm still getting errors with mine (i dont know why lol)

damn, zgoteddy, i don't have the file anymore...
    wait, MattGuest sent me a while ago that example, maybe you'll can do something with? if not, tell me...
    http://www.marmotte.levillage.org/depthsort.fla

tei:
    i just reproduced the bug. it occurs when you are not on the center of the door, i think... i'll see what i can do ^^

oh, and zgoteddy, the count of the rubies when you save the game rocky... is it like some kind of inventory? because if i also put bombs, i'll use the same code as the ruby save function...

ok, last improvements
    (i say last because i'll leave my country in 2 hours ^^)

bug fixed:

-fixed the bug lei posted. it's supposed to avoid all similar bugs ^^
    -i tried to reproduce the bug with the cows, with no success... i think the little guy was the cause (maybe)

everyone...

i'm just leaving my country now. so, during two weeks (or a little bit more) i will not be around here. but you can always post in this thread, i'll read all when i'll return home ^^

i just wanted to say thanks to all of you for bug reports, feedbacks, translations and support...

see you soon ^^

no i meant getting special items like masks. those would go into an inventory array like in ed mack's tutorials.

and thanx.

also have a good time

Hey,
    Everyone's said all the positive things I have to say, so I'll get right to the bug I found.

When you do the belly slide move (hold Ctrl) and go to the right, keep holding Ctrl, then press left, the game restarts back to the language select. Ouch.

- OneMrBean

http://lynxsoft.topcities.com/PopUpDialoguesRN.txt
    Its needs that. Its a redneck translation.

Great game! I'm behind you all the way!

I doubt marmotte will use that in the game. He's put a lot of effort into making this as professional grade "a" quality. You might want to consider a real translation, ie: another language that has not been added to the list.

-genesis f5

Perhaps, but its still his choice.

Still waiting for exploding cows

Thatd be a very cool option. Plus its very simple to do. Make the Official dialogue available for download. Then, people can make their own, save it to a webpage, then load the webpage from the game! That way they can have their own custom slang form of the dialogue like Runes_Tooth did.

Thatd be VERY cool.