A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do u centre your flash movie within broswer???

Im sure i have seen this on the forums before but i did a search and nothing came up so...

i how do i get my flash movie to centre in my browser? do i place javascript on my splash page to launch in a new browser or... i dont know im just rambling. any help is much appreciated.

There are a couple of things you could do, first you could make a javascript popup window containing the movie and centre that, there is some code that does this on http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2...opup_demo.html or you could use tables to centre the movie in the main browser window. try this

<html>
    <head>
    <title>centred flash movie</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <table width="100%" height="100%">
    <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="center">
    <object .....
    <!-- flash object and embed tags go here -->
    </object>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

you can also use a template to center it. i guess that could save a little time.

try this link: http://www.aritali.com/flash/templates/

Originally posted by aquemini
    Im sure i have seen this on the forums before but i did a search and nothing came up so...

i how do i get my flash movie to centre in my browser? do i place javascript on my splash page to launch in a new browser or... i dont know im just rambling. any help is much appreciated.
    The easiest way to do this is to publish the movie , then open the published movie.Inside the published page right click on the mouse to bring up the view source option (html).Next add this tag <center> before and after the <body> tag . That should do it . Good Luck.