A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic Scrolling buttons?

I have a couple dynamic text box questions.

How can I place buttons inside my dynamic text box? I want to be able to scroll a list of text buttons.

How can I change the color, size, italics of 1 word of the text inside the dynamic text box? How can I make that word also a url link or gotoAndStop to a frame?

Thanks
    Nick B.

either or, but not both

You could scroll a list of buttons by placing them in a movie clip....There's also the new ScrollPane component, but I haven't worked with it yet. The text for each button could be loaded from one or more txt files. Use HTML tags to format the text.

Alternatively, you could use HTML tags to create URL links in a scrolling text field.

But you can't put pictures (i.e. your buttons) in a text field.

Choose which method sounds like the right direction for you and then reply to this post if you need further help. I'm off-site for a meeting this afternoon, but could lend a hand tomorrow.

Re: either or, but not both

Originally posted by I'mFine
    You could scroll a list of buttons by placing them in a movie clip....
    Thanks I'mFine! In one scrolling dynamic box I want my buttons that have on(press) gotoAndStop commands attached to them. The buttons are just text buttons. I suppose using the movie clip route is the best way. I am not going to make the text link to urls, so I don't need to code it html.
    So should I just take all my buttons and put them into a movie? How do I scroll the movie?

In another scrolling dynamic text box I want a bunch of text with certain words that are different colors and also have gotoAndStop scripts attached to them. So basically I want to be able to write a paragraph and have a couple colored words in that paragraph clickable and these words would run a gotoAndStop command.

Thanks.
    Nick B.

will send fla, need address

Nick;

Hit the e-mail link at the bottom of this post and send me your direct e-maill address. I will send you a flash file with the functionality you need. You'll be able to make modifications as needed.

--Rissa