dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pre Loaders Help please

Hybrid View

I have done some of the tutorials on this site on pre loaders and they dont seem to tell me how to link another swf to a pre loader. i.e. you have your pre loader and it starts playing( a nice 'please wait' etc) and in the background it loads your movie or whatever when i seem to do it it loads it all at once and basically skips the pre loader!

im doing it now in 2 scenes, is this wrong if so how do i fix it so that you can view the pre loader and then loads and then it goes into the movie that has been loaded. and not loads and the skips the pre loader, then on the the movies or whatever.

Thank you in advance john

hey

Originally posted by emmettj2002
    I have done some of the tutorials on this site on pre loaders and they dont seem to tell me how to link another swf to a pre loader. i.e. you have your pre loader and it starts playing( a nice 'please wait' etc) and in the background it loads your movie or whatever when i seem to do it it loads it all at once and basically skips the pre loader!

im doing it now in 2 scenes, is this wrong if so how do i fix it so that you can view the pre loader and then loads and then it goes into the movie that has been loaded. and not loads and the skips the pre loader, then on the the movies or whatever.

Thank you in advance john
    Damn dod this is confusing but i this.... you want your preloader to load, part of you movie and then load another part? The maybe bar preloaders are too confusig and you should use a regular loader.... you can ask it to load up the the frame YOU want and it will load that up...Then start a new preloaer and put the frame you want it to stop loading at.... (i hate preloaders, they'r too fu----g confusing)