dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Your opinion matters -- Be gentle...

I am sending this out on CD to some ad firms for personal promo purposes. Please give me some feedback. My goal is simplicity while proving my abilities. Thanks.

http://www.joshchild.com

shamanic coder
    I think that you have a pretty solid piece here. I 'm not a big fan of wood grain, and the yellow on the front was a bit much, but when two little things like that are the main critique, you're doing pretty good. I like the slide effect you used, are you easing it at all?

cognizen

Bite Me
    woah surprised to see you were from salt lake <=== Same

Bite Me
    ack! and you live off of 35s spoooookey btw great site. something i wouldn't expect from somebody from "magna"

OUCH! Well I admit you have to chew the water, but it sure beats tooele...thanks for the comments--peace

Bite Me
    Ahh yes, I'm quite adept at complimenting someone whilst ragging on them at the same time.

love the portfolio browsing...but change that wood for some...wood or something nice...but not that wood...not that one...

Yes - change the bg! Navigation is great. Took me a couple of seconds to understand the buttons. (Yours truly - Not the sharpest tool in the shed.)

Like the school site

How did you do that water effect on the picture on the oppening page, please tell me its cool!

Thanks John!

P.S. good site, the buttons a bit had to work out what they are for a first but all in all very very good.

*looks at the thread
    *click it
    *click on the link
    *look at it... ready for coments...
    *look back at the topic again : ...be gentle
    *close the window

I like it. The only thing I would like to see is some indication of where the buttons are. You should not trust to luck that some one will roll the mouse over the area and discover them. I really like the Pirate site. Very fun idea.

exit button doesnt work dude lol

really nice, very clean and sharp, and really nice large portfolio. only nono are the popups on your top buttons. try to incorporate those into the main movie somehow. but all in all very stellar work

Critique

Wow! Only one thing I did not like and that was the download time on my 56k modem took a couple minutes of staring at a blank layout no progress bar no <blink>loading</blink> bar nothing. Usually I wait 30seconds and if nothing shows I'm gone. Glad I waited you have a good piece of work here. Keep it up.