A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sound problem

Cool

I am using setVolume(0); to basically turn off the sound. Then I am using setVolume(100); to turn it back on. The problem is that for some reason when I do the setVolume(0); it doesn't want to come back one with the setVolume(100);. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In my experience, that most commonly happens when you have not used the full path to the sound object:

_root.mc01.mySound.setVolume(100)

not

mySound.setVolume(100)

I'd be interested to know if you find something different.

Actually that is what I thought too but I checked and everything is correct. I really don't know what is happening. Very strange. Here's another question though. Is there a way to have to control concurrent sounds? Like a background sound and then sounds for button rollovers. What I mean is can I shut off the background sound and leave the button rollover sounds on?

Thanks

Originally posted by Kennyb
    In my experience, that most commonly happens when you have not used the full path to the sound object:

_root.mc01.mySound.setVolume(100)

not

mySound.setVolume(100)

I'd be interested to know if you find something different.

Yes, to do this you must make sure you include the linkage ID in the call to stop the sound:

_root.mySound.stop("mySoundID")

If you leave out the linkage ID, all sounds will stop.

If you can't figure it out, post the file some place and I'll take a look. Some times another set of eyes can help.