dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For the love of GOD help me

I have a main .swf for the navigation. I am loading a MC using LoadMovieNum ("who.swf",1). Once there i need all the other buttons when pressed to gotoand play scene 2 of "who.swf". At the last frame i will add the loadmovieNum so that corisponding button will load the correct section.

I tried using LoadMovieNum ("who.swf",1)gotoandplay ("scene 2",1) but does not work..
    Any ideas ?

PLEASE

try
    LoadMovieNum ("who.swf",1).gotoandplay ("scene 2",1)
    and make sure EVERY last thing is correct... even down to the capitalization... (sry, i cant spell)

Although I find it improbable that you can control the loaded movie from the main movie, you can try to give the first frame in the scene 2 on your movie a label like "scene2" and tell to gotoAndPlay ("scene2")
    Hope it helps

that is what i tried :(

Originally posted by L33tFlash
    try
    LoadMovieNum ("who.swf",1).gotoandplay ("scene 2",1)
    and make sure EVERY last thing is correct... even down to the capitalization... (sry, i cant spell)

I tried that and what happened is the main.swf ( at level0) plays in the background of the who.swf (level1).

Banned
    Well, since you're loading this movie on level 1, you have to target that level in your buttons' scripts.

Not too sure scene names will work, but you can try:

_level1.gotoAndPlay("Scene 2", 1);

Note that this action won't work until the who.swf is fully loaded, and certainely not in the same button script in which you're loading that movie, if it's the case.

If using scene names (watch the spelling!) still doesn't work, try labeling the first frame of your Scene 2 with an unique label such as start2 or whatever, and then target that label:

_level1.gotoAndPlay("start2");

That should most definately do it!

Go to scene 2 will work when it is placed in a frame action. So you can first direct your loaded movie to a frame, where is nothing else than gotoAndPlay("Scene2",1) in the actions layer.