dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I gotta couple questions

Hybrid View

I'm in the process of making a movie for my site, and there are a couple things that are frustrating me. The first is: in my preloader i've used a "Flash Ui Components Set 2" Progress Bar, and i have no idea what action scripting to use from the "methods". Secondly I have a button that supposed to goto a different scene, however it doesn't, I've tried different frame lables and different scene names but nothing seems to work.

Help is extremely appreciated.

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar
    post your code so we can see what is going on...as much info as possible will help narrow down your probs...

Hear from you soon

cheers !

Ok, My button is quite simple really

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay("Home", "home");
    }

Where "Home" is my scene and "home" is my labled frame. I should also mention that the button is in a group that is in a movie clip, should that make a difference?

And i don't have any scripting for my progress bar seeings how i don't know what actionscripting to use. The bar is in 19 frames (because thats how long my movie clip is, if that is any help. If anyone else has the 2nd set of flash ui components, and knows how to use them, that would be of great help.

Sorry if this info seems kinda sparse, but thats why i'm stuck. If it's of any help i could post the .fla
    [Edited by Lord_$tockington on 07-26-2002 at 02:18 AM]

ok,

your button code looks fine, i dont really understand what you mean when you say that your button is in a group..it should be a symbol...and the fact that its in a MC doesn't matter either...im pretty sure it defaults to the _root timeline anyway...

As for the UI Component...i cant comment cause i dont have one to look at...i would strongly suggest doing a few of the preloader tutorials on this site and gaining a basic understanding of how they work...and just create your own...

Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you

What I mean is that it's in a group with 3 other buttons.

And i'll check out those pre-loader tutorials (again, maybe i missed one )

read this post on targeting levels with buttons: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=347034 especially old newbies reply...

This WILL help

Cheers

Well that really didn't fix my problem( But thanks anyway for you help dvdvault), I posted my .fla here http://www.geocities.com/tenacious_hampster its called my problem, if anyone wants to see if they can find out what is wrong.

DUDE!!!!! it's 11.5 MG!!! can you possibly reduce the filesize by....say....90 %

cheers

Yeah it is rather large (I guess that Poser was bigger than I thought), as for trying to reduce it that will have to wait till tomorow. /.\-z--Z