A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help with loading draggable clip ( ? )

Talking

hi

I have a navagation panel at the top of the movie and when one of the buttons on this panel is clicked ("login") i want a little draggable panel to come up that has two inputs for user & pass, an enter button and a "close panel" button.

so i just make a new frame that has this draggable panel clip in it and the login button just goes to that frame.. but this isn't really what i want..

> the tricky part here (well for me anyway =) ) is that i want this panel to come up over whatever page/frame you are already viewing? not a new frame etc, i just want this clip to come up but not change the movie position.. so this just comes up whenever the button is pressed...?

is this possible and easy enough to do?

well you could accomplish this by having putting your window in a MC. Then in the first frame of the MC put a blank keyframe and a stop action. Drag your MC onto the stage where you want the draggable window to show and then on putton press you would have the MC play frame 2 which in turn would make the window visible.
    Or you could also load it in as a movieClip from your library using the attachMovieClip command.

any examples anywhere of either if those techniques, the second one.. attachMovieClip is new to me and i couldn't find it in actionscript dictionary...?