A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Fluid Mechanics - Motion

Wink

Does anyone know how to simulate the flow of liquid i.e when you pour paint etc onto a flat surface in flash. Presumably you could create the various shapes to be morphed in some 3d package and apply some form of particle dynamics to these shapes at points along a timeline, but I'm guessing. If anyone has actually done something similar to this or knows of a way to achieve please let me know.

I dont know how to achieve the affect in Flash , However I know of a really neat program that produces A Java applet that makes a startling water affect.here is a link: ( www.findserendipity.com ) to a site that makes use of the Java...
    Click on the applet window for a link to the download site. Anfy Java and Anfy3d ....

After using your own image to create a cool water affect you can then import the applet into a layer in dreamweaver and then position the layer over the flash... good luck!

I have seen few ppl that done the water ripple effect in flash. It is mainly done through some masking and action scripting. If you go to the download section i think there are 2 examples in it.