dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scroll buttons, how to make visible only if necessary

I have scroll buttons on my Flash site to scroll text loaded from external text files. The site was posted in site check and I received a comment that the scroll buttons should only appear if necessary. Does that mean I have to create a duplicate MC only without the scroll buttons? What if the size of the text file changes? Is there a way to maybe use the ._visible property to accomplish this? What would be the condition? Is there a way for Flash to determine how many lines exist in the text file and use that as a condition? I think I'm close, just need a little help.

Thanks a bunch to whomever...

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    You can use the textField.maxscroll property. I think if it is >1 you have text that is not showing, so you need a scrollbar. Worth the experimentation in any event, as I'm sure this will help.

GOod Luck

Originally posted by Antibody
    You can use the textField.maxscroll property. I think if it is >1 you have text that is not showing, so you need a scrollbar. Worth the experimentation in any event, as I'm sure this will help.

GOod Luck
    It worked...I'd already started playing around with the maxscroll property, just had to make it an expression.

Thanks, though!

...and now for the scroll bar...

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    Good job!