A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

how can I hide the settings of a .swf that come with a rightclick? The purpose is that there is no url visible. Is it possible to hide the url of a popup?

please help me

http://www.web-works.be

please help me

its just an MC

hi dude,

The settings window opening when you right click is an MC, the Mc is loaded in the level 2130706430. So i hope now you can play around with it.......lemme know if u succed or fail.....

good luck
    gnana

File > Publish Settings > HTML Tab

Uncheck Display Menu

It basically puts this in your embedding code:

<param name=menu value=false>

hi estudio,

I unchecked it from the publish settings,...but still the settings window loads.....are you sure that it will hide as it did with my code...

Eager .....
    regards
    gnana

A couple questions:

1. Is your .swf embedded in HTML ?

This only works with HTML

2. Did you use the HTML generated by Flash ?

If your viewing a .swf outside of HTML or a .exe use this in the first frame of your movie:

fscommand("showmenu", "false");

Banned
    Disabling the right-click context menu will not rid you of the "settings" nor of the "About Macromedia..." link, in a normal .swf. You can apparently whith 3rd party ressources editing (and/or hacking) software, do it on projectors files, but I believe that's it.
    Haven't tried your suggestion Gnana... But just wondering if JFlashK is talking about that context menu, or the usual righ-click menu outside of the .swf itself.

oldnewbie is correct

hi estudiworks,

The way you suggested doesn't get rid of the About macromedia and Settings window.When i click the settings window it still shows it....So just check at your end ...and lemme know whether it works as it works with my code....

Oldnewbie is correct but instead of 3rd party why not use my code in the First frame to get rid of the problem....

Thinking Smart by means of simplicity....

gnana

I hope I don't sound too arrogant, but why would you want to hide those settings? They're there for ppl who whant to adjust them, so I'd just leave em there.

I also have never understood the urge to hide the Flash menu. The only use I could see, is refraining the user from manipulating the main timeline (play, stop, restart), but that, you can also solve by embedding everything in one MovieClip and using only 1 frame on the top-level. BTW, by disabling the menu, you disable only UI access, not the functionality (a hidden menu does not prohibit the user from pressing ENTER to issue a PLAY).

Erhm... I'm getting a bit off-topic, sorry for that, but I'm just curious why you'd want to hide the Settings...

Banned
    Other than stating that the MC is on level 2130706430 (max levels = 16,000), what actual code are you using to get rid of it?

dont get that serious

hi grimace,

There is nothing serious here.....there were couple of guys asking for killing the settings window for other reasons...we are just finding the ways and means to solve it. We are not Suggesting everyone to kill the settings window...but for those who really want to kill it there are ways......

Sorry if we have hurt you but why U get that serious about it....exploring the possibilities is our hobby.....but certainly we will not suggest anyone to misuse it...afterall we belong to the Flash community....

CHEEEEEEEEERRS for GRIMACE

gnana

Sorry gnana, that was the HCI-er in me that spoke. I'm just someone who's quicker in hitting ALT-F4, than IE is in loading a page with background MIDI. But since I'm schizofrenic, I'll give the word to the programmer now:

you're absolutely right tweaking Flash to deatch. And while we're on it, have you managed to read out the variables in _level2130706430? Coz I can set properties and everything, but can't read out it's content with a for..in loop, even after ASSetPropFlags(_level2130706430, null, 0, true).

What I'm curious about... if you would have access to the objects in the settings layer, would you be able to alter something by mere ActionScript. And no, I'm not encouraging anyone But if it's possible, we're talking serious security...

thanks guys i'll try the stuff.
    the reason why I want to hide it is for a client, he wants a popup window where no url visible is. ans in the settings you can see the url.
    thanks

http://www.web-works.be

hmm the settings are still there when I try these things. Is it realy possible to hide them?

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by Grimace
    if you would have access to the objects in the settings layer, would you be able to alter something by mere ActionScript.
    this came up in some discussion. possibly at macomedia.com or usenet or something . anyways. the user still has to physically accept mic, webcam, shared objects(?)or whatever for any manipulation attempted by actionscript. there are probably ways around it but then again there are ways around everything. how do you get around the right click menu without a 3rd party? i don't know...

Banned
    JFlashK... Of what url are you talking about in the right-click settings?

Originally posted by oldnewbie
    JFlashK... Of what url are you talking about in the right-click settings?
    in the settings
    privacy allow ... url... bla bla

Interesting,
    In the past you could always use
    Code:
    this.onEnterFrame = function()
    {
    	if (_level2130706430._visible == true)
    	{
    		_level2130706430._visible = false
    	}
    }
    as a way of getting rid of the settings menu. Seems that you can't do it in the latest version of the player.

As for why people want to get rid of the right click context menu, there are many reasons. Firstly, in a corporate environment it is hard to persuade the bigwigs to use flash when there is a blatent advertisment attached to it. It's always the same story, they're happy to credit macromedia in the credits section of the application, but don't want it there all the time.
    Also, once we get rid of the context menu then we can implement our own right click functionality which is very useful. I'm working on a site at the moment where I really need right click to act as an unselect button. Currently the only way I've found of doing it is to pop up another window with javascript and then close it down. Obviously, this looks crap, any better ways would be appreciated.

C4_Tom:

I guess MM had protected the Settings Panel from ActionScript already in some extent (as I coulnd't manage to get it's internal variables visible), and now, for security reasons, did the same for the Settings properties... One might wonder how to get around *that* :P

As for getting rid of menu's... I still have that creepy feeling with it. I mean: doing it just to check how far you can tweak Flash with Action- and JavaScript is one thing, but actually doing it in a commercial environment seems... well... not risky, but inappropriate at least. I guess I could fill a thread with all my objections, but I'll just leave it with this text... as I've said all and nothing already

hi dude's

hi guys,

Those who really want to hide the settings window for geniune reasons can just use the code posted by me...others please don't misuse it....request)
    Secondly someone was asking about the properties and the values of the settings MC....
    what you do is run a flash movie and then right click and chose the settings window
    The window will load then go for debug options and list all the objects....that's it....its all easy...

you will be listed all the objects and the properties of it...please don't misuse it....its really a vulnerable one....

Mike Chambers will kill me i suppose
    gnana.....