A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Burry-ness

If you go here http://sso8.tripod.com/SSO/index.html you'll see that the links on the side bar, the images, and some of the text. The links in the center, don't bother with them, but the whole flash movie itself seems blurry, and I have it on "no compression". Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by Wheeljack
    If you go here http://sso8.tripod.com/SSO/index.html you'll see that the links on the side bar, the images, and some of the text. The links in the center, don't bother with them, but the whole flash movie itself seems blurry, and I have it on "no compression". Can anyone help me?
    Oh those links! I didn't seem them AT ALL! I only see them when I mouse over them. Are they black on black? When I mouse over them they seem fine.

In general the text element is a little soft on export you have to test the font and size youre going to use. If you want crisper text use an editbox and uncheck the background and border options.

mister wheeljack

hey man, how are you?
    Dude . i went to take a look at your site man, and all that came up was a white page with a black box in it. and on top it had some ads.
    I presume that the black box is where your movie is?
    Dude, it might be that something is wrong with my browser, or something, but i rate you check it out.
    Just to let you know.
    Gude luck on the site man. I know it can get hectic on the mind

The links in the center are sopose to be white, and when mouse is over them, like a navy. The ones on the side are like a dark grey, and when mouse goes over them, they appear white. Btw, the movie works for me, it might be your browser.

Do the links in the center *not* appear, or the ones on the side or both? Because they appear fine on my screen. Anyone else having problems viewing the links?

Also, I aint refering just the text, but the actual images. In the preview, its perfect, but when I upload it, its gets a little blurry. Whats the deal?

One more thing, I use the edit box to test it out. It seems clearly, problem is I can't do special effects with it. With the Avalon site, the text is very clear and when you put your cursor over it, it does a Strange Twist effect. I tried that with a edit box, and it didn't work.

Only if we knew how Avalon did there site without any blurryness...

Exclamation wheeljack, my man

hey there man.
    dude, ifinally saw your site, i suggest that you make a loading movie man, then at least the people know that your site is still loading.
    Looks cool, really it does, the links on the left side, i can see nicely.
    looks really cool man, but really if i were you i would put a loading movie man, and the main title thingie is not that visisble, make it another color or something, cause it disapears in front of old vaders head.
    dont know how to help you with other stuff, ask BRETLANIUS.
    he always helps me with my site, www.g0llumw3b.tk
    cool man, and gude luck.

I was gonna do that with my newer version of my clan site, this is just temporarly, more of a rush job, just enough so my members can check out.

Also, can "anyone" see how the images are just a little blurry? They aren't as crisp...

This is interesting, when I switched the quality of the actual movie to Auto High (before it was set at Best, which is the highest level, Auto High is about medium). The images looked just like in the preview, the detail was great, the text was a little better, (the other two lower levels make the text have holes, so I setted it to Auto High). But the only problem is, when it does "some" of the special text effects, there are some black lines and/or the image in the background shifts (like with the Supreme Sith Order title while it's doing its effects).

But everything else is great, better then having it on "Best".