A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Guide Layers

Hello...
    New to this board and new toflash, I have been simply doing a lot of reading and experiemtning lately and I am wondering what the point of guide layers are. I used them in a tutorial but was able to accomplish the same thing using one layer and motion tweens. Any help? thanx friz

Motion Guides are useful to make a picture move along a certain line ..... yes if you are making a picture move in a straight line motion tweens are perfect but how long would it take you to motion tween a shape so that it moves into a spiral.....do you understand now ?....they are used to make things move in curves which is hard to do with tweens...

happy tweening

mike

------------------
    Take advantage of what you have because you could loose it in a second.....21/03/00
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000773.swf" quality=high WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Guide Layers are meant to create complex motion tweens, i.e. making a mouse run around the screen or something of that nature, instead of doing what a normal tween does - go in a straight line.

That's all I know!