A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2A BUG!!!!!! BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

This may sound very stupid to most of you but look at the right-hand side of your screen when you launch 2advanced.com in netscape 4.0+ browser (which is one of the site requirement, so suppose to work correctly)
    The background image (grid) does not fill the screen completely. Although this applied to netscape users only, I think being one of the best web agencies they should know that table with width 100% always causes this kind of problem. And of course there is a way to solve this. Come on Mr. Jordan you are better than that .... I guess.

P.s Don't think that I am another anti-2A. I am just pointing out details that are vital if you want to be the best. And as far as I know 2A never ignore those details.
    Hope they will fix that.

hehehehe
    really sounds stupid

oh geez they only human who cares

hehe..what can i say ? beatiful maan...just beatiful !!!

damn netscape, damn them to hell...there I've said it.

Originally posted by jacci
    hehehehe
    really sounds stupid
    I guess you are not in the business jacci, where you have to satisfy all the clients and where details are vital if you want to be the best and beat the best.

x101, I am in the business and I know that all must be perfect, but finding bugs from some other desing companys own site is kinda pathetic. This is my oppinnion. Don't take it too hard.

Ok jacci. you got one point.
    But the reason why I open this thread is for people who think that 2A is 100% perfect. I not fixing anyone's bug but simply opening people eye's so that they think twice before prasing 2A that much.

[Edited by x101 on 07-29-2002 at 07:06 AM]

ok, I'm stupid, because I don't care about turning down a designers

This is childish so let's stop this here.

Sorry about that jacci.
    A stupid person would never be able to do a website like yours. It's really amazing stuff far from being stupid.
    Great work my friend.
    I just waiting for tony novak to reply that's all.
    Let's wait and see what he got to say.

Originally posted by x101
    I think being one of the best web agencies they should know that table with width 100% always causes this kind of problem. And of course there is a way to solve this.
    Yes, don't design for or to suit NS4, it has various bugs in handling content, spacing and has poor CSS support and is less used since version NS6 (and soon NS7) came out.

That's like saying the a:hover command in everyones' stylesheets don't work on NS4 and therefore everyones' pages are wrong. As long as the content is readable, that is acceptable for usability.

Chances are it will look correct in any upto date browsers and is not a 2A fault.

Whatever the fix for NS4, it may not be the X/HTML W3C compatible, anyhow, for the DOCTYPE.
    [Edited by k2f on 07-29-2002 at 07:41 AM]

I never said that the page was wrong but I did say that this is a problem that can be solve without updating your browser or whatsoever. It is possible to make the background picture fill the screen completely so the "fault" (just taking the exact word you used) is 2A and not N4.
    a:hover is another topic so we will just focus on that thread.

Are you sure that N6 is most used that N4 ?

Get a life.

Originally posted by x101
    Are you sure that N6 is most used that N4 ?
    No it likely isn't yet, but read what was written.

"and is less used since version NS6 (and soon NS7) came out."

This means since the newer Netscape came out, NS4 penetration has dropped but that does not mean is greater than. Just as IE5.0 versus IE6.0)

It does not say "it is the least used since NS6 came out"

x101, sorry about my rude comment. I took it too seriusly, but it's just that this forum is full of 2A this and 2A that, since this board is about posting a cool sites and giving comments for those, I think that this kind of discussions doesn't belong here.

You got your point there, but I think this thread should be at coffieloung or somewhere else.

Nice to know you like my site! thanks for the comment

UNified

x101

6 posts and your a giant killer.

Way to go..

Its just that this is Cool Sites and 2A do have an email address. Im sure they would appreciate genuine feedback as opposed to off topic exhibitions.

All caps on the thread title as well...mmm

exactly, you registered just to post this here? I think not.

If you have a genuine comment for 2advanced email them with it, you might also notice that the rollover bar that slides under the buttons on the 2advanced site is slightly too far to the right on one of them. I'll leave you the excitement of finding out which one.

closed.