dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rendering Problems in MAx...slow computer...ne idea?

Hybrid View

i made an animation, and i have to render it in 640px range....but every time i put it on render my system restarts...it shows around an hour to render..but it restarts....
    i got it rendered in the 320 dimensions..but thats not what i want...
    the scene has 200 frames..and GLOW Effect Filter and a highlight filter.. one camera...and one omini light..

ne one has an idea? ofcourse i am on a slow machine...

PII 400 MMX , but it also has 256 MB RAM and a 32MB 3D card...
    some one have ne idea how to get over this?
    i dont mind if it even takes a day to render...!!

the room doesnot have the AC on...should i put it on ? and then try?

explain. you mean the machine restarts, or the process restarts?

more RAM could be a good thing. as well as a faster machine. and are you shure you're not rendering an animation?

Originally posted by gerbick
    explain. you mean the machine restarts, or the process restarts?

more RAM could be a good thing. as well as a faster machine. and are you shure you're not rendering an animation?
    i didnt mention? the machine..yup its an animation...200 frames.. the camera moves...i think its the machine that gets hot..? i was just wondering a way around so i dont have to get more hardware...

yeah. keep the comps cool, at all times mang. try that.

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    make sure you have defalt scanline renderor on because sometimes if you have others on max gets cunfused and uses more and more ram wich can restart your comp

When max renders it kind of flushed the ram to get as much as possiable. The file that controls this function could me corrupt and malfunctioning. The file could be flushing the operations of you computer out of the ram casusing the computer to restart. You could limit the amount of ram max will use, but I forgot where the option was.

Flashkit's offical necromaster EXILED ARCHANGEL's Avatar
    gerb are you taking my posts off?

PII 400 is a bit slow for rendering an entire animation, especially with only a 32 mb graphics card.

My old computer was a PIII 600 with a Geforce 4 MX card... even that went slow..and that with over 300 mb of SDRAM.

i *think* i need a new computer now...

Originally posted by mustafapracha
    i *think* i need a new computer now...
    I would say so. Its time to break down. You are way below the minimum requirments for Max.

depends on your mobo, if you have a decent mobo that can take a faster cpu like a 800 then go for it! your card and ram are fine, just get a faster processor

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    PII 400 is a bit slow for rendering an entire animation, especially with only a 32 mb graphics card.

My old computer was a PIII 600 with a Geforce 4 MX card... even that went slow..and that with over 300 mb of SDRAM.
    video card does nothing but accelerate display, nothing more.

the more system RAM you have = good thing. the faster processor = less time rendering, and good thing. dual processors = ideal thing.

keep the system cool. and exiled... how can you render without picking a renderer? that's almost impossible... never seen it confused. but I'm curious...

how do u get dual processors? two processors processing at the same time? what i am picking is a mother board having two slots for two processors? em...is that so?

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    get yourself a dual Xeon processor

dual processor motherboards

yes. two processors, one machine. Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server 2000, and XP Professional, all support dual processors. Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, and XP Home do not support dual processors.

with dual processors, you will see programs that are CPU intensive, like discreet 3ds Max make use of both processors and process more/seem faster/be more efficient, than just one processor.

however, buying a dual processor system is more expensive than just a single one. ok?

hope that helps.

you might want to do some research...

A guy i know bought a computer with 2 processors and 3 harddrives and I am not sure what else, but i cost 6,000 us dollars.

Originally posted by WMLeeBo
    A guy i know bought a computer with 2 processors and 3 harddrives and I am not sure what else, but i cost 6,000 us dollars.
    but i guess its worth it..a fast machine! cool eh?

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    not only dual processor and RAM can help u... also think about getting a SCSI harddisk for faster data read/write

Hey, I run max under a 1gz processor and 256 megs of ram. i have a 32 megabit Nivida TNT graphics card.

My meaning is that if you would just by one of those cheap 900 dollar computers that are avaliable from dell that would work just fine.

dual athlonMP 1600+ (1.4ghz) processors with 2gb of DDR RAM, with (3) 60gb drives in UDMA-100 RAID... that's my main design machine for MAX/Plasma.

However, I mainly use the slower single processor athlonXP 1600+ (1.4ghz) processor with 1.5gb of DDR RAM with (2) 80gb drives in UDMA-100 RAID... it's slowly becoming my favorite... both machines have geforce3's with 64mb of RAM.

and my SGI machine is a dual p3 700mhz machine, 1gb of RAM. it used to be my favorite out of them all. but I have to reformat it. My SCSI drives in it, one went bad.

even on my machines, MAX can seem slow. but it's not a bad thing to have a lot of CPU/RAM pushing it.

oh, and I built those other two machines... not the SGI.