dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: logo help

Logo Help!!

I'm trying to create a logo and would like to know what programs people here prefer?

Does anyone know where I could find a really COOL picture of the earth to use in a logo???

Hi i use illustrator (or freehand) what i would say is try to keep it simple dont have it in full colour, make it bold 3 colours max. if u ever have to print it u are in trouble

try surfing the net for the pixs

http://images.google.com/images?q=ea...=Google+Search

i found these in seconds, mb draw over them in the vector art package (the photos will be copyrighted) so dont use them

simple is good (aversion has a great rule but i cant remember it fully to quote off by heart)

hope this helps
    bp

Thanx for the advice! I'm not sure if you remember me or not.... but you cut me up pretty bad about using hacked software. I got your point and now purchase the REAL DEAL..... Thanx a million!

it's not my rule but the best advice I heard was that you should be able to draw your logo in the sand with a stick and still have it recognisable.

I use xara x, which is a vector program that's great for layouts and logo creation. It's fully features but so much easier to use than illustrator and freehand when you don't need those extra features. I can't express how simple it is to use xara x, it would take me 3 times as long to get anything done without it.

Originally posted by Mizpac01
    Thanx for the advice! I'm not sure if you remember me or not.... but you cut me up pretty bad about using hacked software. I got your point and now purchase the REAL DEAL..... Thanx a million!
    top man!!

my mad posts are not in vain

post a link to the final earth (logo) nice 2 see what u do with it

bp

It might take a while, I'm new to this and I'm trying to learn all I can.