A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: basic AS question but bugging me

im designing a site template and have two movie clips that i want to remain dormant until a certain part of the movie. im using dot notation for my code. on one frame i have fluff.play() and it works fine, but if i also have logo.play() on the same frame, the logo movie clip wont play. if i put that code on a new frame itll work fine. why cant i have them both on one frame? would make things much easier.
    thanks

This doesnt work? just a test code
    Code:
    onClipEvent(load) {
       fluff.play();
       logo.play();
    }

its been such a long time i used anything other than basic action script i forgot how to use clipevents. however when i pasted that code it reported it was wrong. 3:27 am is not the time to start refreshing myself with flash =(

this is aggravating the hell out of me now. besides having very simple code on two seperate frames, i wanted a thrid mc to play at say frame 35. so on frame 35 i made a keyframe, and wrote logoin.play() and i made sure the instance name of my MC was logoin. but nothing happens, the MC refuses to play. the only actions that are in the logoin MC are a stop action at both the beginning (so it doesnt start automatically) and at the end (so it doesnt loop to first frame). please help!

edit: so i try cleaning up by erasing my logo and actions layer and starting from scratch. i name the instance of my logo "test". i make a keyframe in my actions layer and all i have on it is "test.play();". so why the hell doesnt anything happen? this is driving me up the wall, i need to be designing, not worrying over why some simple code refuses to work. i've done this stuff in the past but i cant figure it out for the life of me now.

p.s. does flash MX have problems when you swap one instance for another?

edit2: ok i think i finally got it. if i have test.play() on frame 10 as well as the test movie clip on of after frame 10 it will not play. if i have it on frame 9 or anything before flash reads the actionscript it works fine. why is this? it doesnt make sense to me, i would think that it should work if both are on frame 10
    [Edited by proxy07 on 07-31-2002 at 03:59 AM]