A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Delivery Game

Hello everybody,

Here is the beginning of a new game: Pizza Delivery. Its not yet finish but the graphix are there:

http://www.regnerus.myweb.nl/pizzadelivery.swf

I need some suggestions for the gameplay. This is the idea:
    - People will call for a pizza
    - After a couple seconds a pizza will appear at the parking of the Pizzaria
    - You have to pick up the pizza and deliver it as fast as possible to get extra money

Ofcourse there will be a lot of obstakels, like other cars, small bridges etc. And more and more orders will come in as you try to deliver all the pizza's.

More levels coming up, like a use city (with more screens) and upgrades for your car (more pizza's to load, faster etc.).

I will also need help for the way to make other cars drive through the cities. I haven'd done anything like that before, so maybe you can help me.

Interesting game I like it Were pizzas suposed to pop up? Cause nothing happened i just fiddled around the town.

but interesting idea I like it Id change the pizza van though to a car or somthing... dont rememebr the last time a van delivered me a pizza And if it did id be kinda worried :P

Also, maybe find a better way of numbering the houses, more realisticaly maybe, instead of big numbers plaastered here and there

Good looking town though, i like it alot And interesting game Looking forward to running my pizza all over town

El_Y:j3

I like the concept of your game but I waited for ages and no pizza came up....hmmmm.....

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

good idea

that sounds like a good game. Let us know when it's done. Nice driving controlls so far.. THe main greay building (left screen) looks a bit fowlic. just a heads up LOL Any way, good game so far.

dewman

When can we deliver pizzas?

Hold on. I am working on it. I only made a beginning: the graphix and the van. That's all. You cant play the game yet, but I'm bussy right now.

ideas

how about (for ideas):
    you're trying to get more money (tips) THe larger the order, the more moeny the tip is worth, but the longer you take t get there, the less money you get.
    HAve pedestrians-- if you run one over, you loose that delivery, and get fined x amount of dollars.
    The other ideas you suggested are good too..
    Have a bit more of physics in the game play: if you take a turn fast, your back wheels will go out a bit, like a real truck...
    I'll think of more ideas... you wanted em, so i gave em to ya, but they're all easier said than done, i know hehe.. THis is a very promising game.
    Dewman

Couple more things:

Id make it so the van travels slower going over grass then normal road.

Also, your reverse controls are backwards.

And finaly, id make it so you CANT rotate the car unless you are already moving forward. Being able to spin 360 deg without moving and inch forward or revers is kinda odd...

Good looking ame though man Wish id have thought of it, all these ideas for it are flooding it :P

El_Y:j3

It would be nice if you couldnt see the entire town in one shot, so it scrolled a bit - would give the player somewhere to 'explore' and wouldnt take too much effort. I am a big fan of games with the freedom to explore..

i think it would be cool if you had a rival. Somone who works at the same pizza place and wants your job, so he does things like destroys bridges after X amount of time so that the fastest roots are gone, or he could drive around trying to block you off ans stuff.

just an idea, nice game, although i was a bit dissapointed when i saw pizza delivery game i was hoping for a paper boy style game where you would have to throw pizzas into mail boxes

Just a small update:

Its now possible to deliver pizza's. You have to pick up the pizza's at the parking and bring them to the houses.

Im working on the car: graphix (wheels rotation) and controls (no rotation without speed).
    Also working at:
    - A timer. You won't get money whem it takes to long
    - Other cars drivind around. You can crash to get damage and get to a station to get your car repaired (take cash)
    - Other obstakels: chickens at the farm etc

nice, can you explain to me how youve only attached pizza when theres less than 3... but still had a delay
    thank

The 2nd small update today:

Improved car movement. You cant turn without speed and movind backwards is also changed. I won't add wheels (Dewman's suggestion) because the van is to small, so do the wheels. Also added a timer. When you're really fast (within 5 seconds) you will get doubled cash. If you're to slow (more than 30 seconds) you wont get any money.

Im working on a policecar driving around. I don't know how to make the policecar navigate so it drives around good. Someone any ideas???

fun game, i played intill i had $95, and it's pretty easy, im waiting for harder and more levels. Keep up the good work.

very cool

that's much better now.. The timer works great. Can hardly wait untill you work on it more
    dewman

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}

The NOID!

MMmmmmmmm.Pizza......Too bad its not as fun as the old pizza delivery game. THE NOID!!!!!!! You know where you run around the building avoiding the pink NOID to catch you.

Update: cars added:

Don't crash with other cars, you will lose all your orders and cash. I also added a timer and a objective. You need to get 50 cash in 120 seconds.

I need more obstakels. I am working at the idea of Hackey Sack: after some time bridges will be blow away by rival Pizzaria's. But I need more, so please come suggestions!

Really interseting Game have to say its an original idea

thats what you dont see much of on these boards :P

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    Id like to see numbers on the pizza boxes you pick up so you can pick and choose which boxes to pick up and where they go... I used to work at PizzHut™ and we always took orders based on their distance to each other as opposed to first come first deliver. That way we could take 3 or 4 pizzas out to the same area without having to drive all over the place. This is a strategy that could become important in higherlevels.

Look senocular, this game is not based on reality. It is just the fun of driving around like a madman trying to deliver all the pizza's.