A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MX and macG4/system 9.2

hello there,

I work on mac G4 /450 , system 9.2...I recently installed flash MX , but the program runs sooooo slowwww...every little thing has a pause of 10 seconds and when I lounch it, it tries to connect to the web brower ( I am on dial up) ....Does any one know why this happens and how I could fix the problem?

It also crashes on dreamweaver mx...is my system not compatable with MX? I can run illustrator 10 with no problem....

Try trashing the preferences for Flash and Dreamweaver.

You might also want to up the memory allocated to them (select an app's icon, choose get info from the file menu, choose memory from the dropdown menu, increase by say 5,000)

How much RAM have you got?

Originally posted by SJT
    Try trashing the preferences for Flash and Dreamweaver.

You might also want to up the memory allocated to them (select an app's icon, choose get info from the file menu, choose memory from the dropdown menu, increase by say 5,000)

How much RAM have you got?

I have got around roughly 780 mb of ram, and I have given flashMx around 250,000 of ram.....is there a way for my to stop the application from connecting to the internet authomatically? I think that also slows down the whole thing.....

Open the TCP/IP control panel (or is it the Remote Access control panel?? i haven't used 9 for a long time), go to the options (it's either a tab or a button, i can't remember) and make sure "Connect when a tcp application starts up" is turned off

it's remote access Options > Protocol tab