A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons

Angry

When I create text and make it a button symbol and change the buttons states to what I want. The button states work just fine, so long as the user's mouse is on a piece of one of the letters.

Say the text is black and the over state is the same text that's gray... if the user rolls over the area of the black text, all is fine and the over state appears. But say they roll over the letter 'o' - when they roll over the center of the 'o', the text turns black again.

I'm sure there's a better way to accomplish what I'm looking for, but I'm a newbie of sorts so here I am.

Thanks,

Kyle

Talking

in the button symbol there are 4 states,
    up, over, down and hit

the hit state is for determining the area that you have to click, if it is left blank it uses the up state for the hit.

therefore when you make a text button click on the onion skinning and draw a solid rectangle that will cover all your text in the hit frame

problem solved1

Cheerz
    rosie

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000354.swf" quality=high WIDTH=600 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>