dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Launching a popup window from a dynamic text link...

Hey, thanks for checking out this thread! I need help with opening up a popup window from a dynamic text link. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks for your reply. I guess I worded my question wrong. I've got a dynamic text box which has an html page in it. The html document has a link in it which works perfectly, but I'd like to use a javascript function on the link in the text to popup a window...

Any clues?

*bump*

in the html code find the link you want to appear in the popup and edit it so instead of something like

<a href="somepage.html">click here</a> it reads

<a href="javascript:window.open('somepage.html','newW in','width=400,height=300');void(0);">click here</a>

one thing to remember if the html being displayed was in a flash variable like,

htmlText = "<p>some text to display in an html textfield</p>"; you'd need to escape the double quotes in the <a href tag like this

htmlText = "<p>some text to display in an html textfield</p><a href=\"javascript:window.open('somepage.html','new Win','width=400,height=300');void(0);\">click here</a>
    ";