dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need some help updating a flash site

Angry

I am making a website for my friends band and i was wondering if i could build the website but let them do updates on it. The updates will only be a small paragraph on the first frame. any help will be appreciated cheers in advance

Tom :D

Tom,

If the updates are really only going to be text, you could build your flash site with a loadVariables to get the text from an external .txt file. The band then only has to update the .txt file. There are a few ways to that: asp, php, let them upload new .txt files, etc.

HTH

yeah but these have no website building experience and i was wonderin if i could build a page just for the members (like a form or something) so they just write the upd8 in there and then they press submit and it updates
    Tom

Sounds like a dilemma I have/had. I designed a Flash site for my friend's band for free, and it is not a priority to me, so when they needed updates, it was somewhat put to the side. Then, I decided to use dynamic text loaded from a .TXT file, and using basic HTML 1.0 format they were able to update their site w/o me. I am pretty sure you can train one of the band members to update a .TXT file. It's nothing hard.

For dynamic text w/ scrollbar:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...t_scrollmx.htm

HTML formatting for the text file:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...s/htmltext.htm

Good luck.