A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: RPG help

Hello i need help i bret thanx for help i need help i with a RPG so my person will get take some life taken when a bad guy hits him i started over with my first game bret thanx for the help agin tellnig me to start over because i started in the middle and how do i make the person die when his life goes to zero any whant to see what i got done so far i email it to theme useing 3.51

Ummmm... Ok, hmmm. I think I get the jist(? or gist?) of what you are trying to do. (Some periods would be helpful)

You want to have someone die after he touches a baddie too much. Ok, Here is an idea:

Have an actions element running 10 - 100 times a second (depending on the speed of your computer or game)

Put in a detect collisions statement and make it between your player and a baddie

Then put in a let variable = value block and make the 'life' variable = life - 1

Then put in a end block.

You can have an editbox for the life and set it's attached variable to life.

If you want multiple baddies, you need to make a seperate detect collisions statement (and let and end) for each one.

If you want to have the character die, you must put in a if statement that is if life = 0 then

Put in whatever you do for the character dying. (Go to keyframe, choose view, whatever)

Then put in an end

Hope it helps!

P.S. Blainus/Kusco, Is the above correct?

Post hey thanx hey

hey sorry about the spellling ect. I was in a hurry i works i think.

HEY SORRY

it does work sort of but when he tochs the bad guy the life say -1 no 99 how can i fix that

try changing the times per second it runs to something low like 1 and then increase it by little bits.

I hope it works, I didn't try it yet though.

ok ill try that