A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is my new site better than my old?

I have redone my portfolio site, i would like comments on the changes i have made. The new site is flash 6.

new site: http://www.kududesign.co.uk/new
    old site: http://www.kududesign.co.uk

cheers

anybody?

dont like the moving button links in the new ver. old version is more intuitive...

Your old site kept my attention and I was able to get around it easier which allowed me to look at some of your work (which is nice, by the way). I might just freshen up the old site.

i like the new site better than the old site.

nice photos!

but i think that the navigatin for the new site would be better if the buttons were in the same place all the time (maybe rotating if you want the animated look )

it makes it easier for the user that way

i would:
    1. centralize the splash page graphic
    2.have the buttons for the site as they are in the splash page.

nice font though!

hope that helps!

tons better than the old site!
    ps. the splash page is a bit pointless, it doesnt do anything!

JAyzEE
    The First 1 is nice(old 1)

I like the look of the new site more. But, maybe you should make the icons stop when mouse-overed, and keep them from wandering behind the top left content box.

cheers for comments,
    are the bottuns floating off screen if not are 'designer' sites not allowed to be more challenging than regular sites?

Mostly harmless
    Designers sites should communicate effectively with the people they are trying to attract, i.e. potential employers. Hence, as the people above have mentioned, your first site is intuitive to navigate but less aesthetically pleasing. Your latest version is very pleasing to the eye but is intrinsically flawed because people can't get the to the information they want quick enough.

I like your latest site's visuals a lot, you just need to make them work for you more effectively.

fair comment, and the site needs something but I have done enough straight corporate sites. With a personal site surely you can be more experimental? potential clients want to see originality and creativity as well as technical ability etc. OR am I wrong?

Mostly harmless
    There's certainly room for originality and creativity, just don't distance the potential client from your work too much. I've always believed that a portfolio website should be as simple as you can make it and let your work speak for itself. Some may say I'm too conservative but that's just the way I work...

This way In
    I much prefer the look of your second site but you need a loader on those windows because I tired of waiting for things to load on the slow connection i'm currently on.

Also, you need to reign in those floating buttons a little as they tended to go right off the screen a couple of times at 1024X768. However, the look is very nice so keep working on it.