A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: full screen question

What should i do, if i want my flash site to use the whole screen of the users computer without any browser buttons(I wan't the whole button bar at the top to be gone)

An little exsample
    http://www.heavy.com

thanks!

msg_dk

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    I wont tell you, but I will tell you to ask first before throwing that screen up, or have a button that says "Launch fullscreen" or something to that effect. Theres nothing more annoying than a site taking over your screen like that without warning.

thats a bit harsh -- each to his own - maybe its not for a web site but for a presentation or something ??
    anyway sometime that effect works ( yes but it MUST have a clear option for closing the window )

try putting this on frame 1 ::

fscommand("fullscreen","true");

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    fscommand("fullscreen","true");

works for the stand alone player. Not in html. Its not hard to view source and see how its done.

I need it to work in html and i have already used the fs command, but thanks anyway!

so whats the problem then ???

when your swf is embeded in the html it still creates the fullscreen effect ??

Originally posted by owk
    so whats the problem then ???

when your swf is embeded in the html it still creates the fullscreen effect ??
    What should i do, if i want my flash site to use the whole screen of the users computer without any browser buttons(I wan't the whole button bar at the top to be gone)

Click on the link and you will se what i'm after.

http://www.heavy.com

will eat you alive
    What I'd suggest is search the forums! search for 'javascript full screen' in 'subject only' of the advance search.

You'll get your wish, no worries!

telekin:

Keeper of Brooms and Jars
    check out the tutes and movies sections as well. there are plenty of examples and tutorials that deal with javascript. also, here is a link to a set of links by an fk-er/WHer who has helped me more than a few times. there area lot of links to threads about JS so you should find what you need here: http://66.70.72.50/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63443

happy flashing